Moms and Maids
Options

Today is better...

It is now 25 days until the wedding.  We had the last final vendor meeting this evening.  DD was calm.  I was calm.  The venue coordinator was calm.  My quartet rehearsed our song and it sounded pretty good.  Here's hoping I can sing without choking up :)  My parents are still not attending...and I have ceased worrying about it.  My sister, who is having severe financial problems, is going to be there because my amazing husband used his AmEx points to buy her a ticket...she cried that someone could be that nice.  He told her that this is our family, and that's how we roll.  He is awesome!My best friend is coming from California, and will sit with me in the front row because she is my family of choice.Unfortunately, the dog is still farting.  I'm thinking that the yogurt she spoon feeds him every morning is not helping.  My quartet had to move outside to finish our rehearsal because we could not harmonize through the HAZE of lovliness.No wine...but I did have the ingredients for a fairly decent sized screwdriver.  The only straw I had was one of those wacky curly ones, so the screwdriver was festive to look at too!  I am feeling calmer by the minute.I'm thinking that this is the prescription for the next 25 days...a screwdriver through a wacky straw and then bed!  Cheers!  and nitey nite :)
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: Today is better...

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    So glad you are feeling better!  I am dying at the crazy straw.  May have to get those for Handfast and me to drink our wine from the bottle. What a wonderful DH you have!  Sounds like things are settling down a bit for you.  Been down this road 3 times but at least there was no farting dog (I'm allergic).  I do have a couple of the fattest cats you will meet, but no farting dog. Maybe your DD should try feeding the doc Activia - works for Jamie Lee Curtis!
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the crazy straw idea!!!!  I have straws left over that DH bought me last year that have little grass skirts and umbrellas on them.  DH bought them for a girl's night of drinking at my house--he politely went and spent the evening at a buddy's, so we women-folk could drink, complain about men, and fall sleep all over the house without interruption.  He also brought us little matching napkins, and plates, made appetizers for us, and then marched out the door. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The straws DO make a difference!  It is ever so much more wonderful to be festive after a long day.  Don't you just love awesome men in our lives?  It makes the crappiness of the day so much easier to cope with :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome men are necessary.  Although, I gotta tell you, when he spilled an entire 20 oz coke on me while we were travelling last weekend, I was thinking about other adjectives other than awesome.  I think he owes me more crazy straws. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    screwdriver and a crazy straw..... haze of lovliness..... bwahhahahahahahaha!!! (wiping the tears of hysterics from my eyes) thanks for today's spurt of humor! With 25 days to go- I really needed that! :o) pass the vodka...
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I pass on the curly straw for the screwdrivers.My personal choice is an old Strawberry Shortcake thermos with a sippy spout.  I use to take it to the park in the old days, filled with wine.
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    oot - you are a genius - will be stealing a thermos from the grandkids this weekend.  Nana can get just about anything out of them, so I may have a Batman thermos on my desk next week.  How manly will THAT be in my Army office?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to thank MuffinsMom and you other MOBs for sharing your stress. I guess I never stopped to think about how stressful all of this could be for our folks. I will definitely try to remember that as the day draws nearer and I start to lose my sanity, our parents are the last ones who need to deal w/ the brunt of all that. Hope your kids's weddings go well, and again, thanks for the insight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    kmm,   If you had to take your kids to Central Park in the summer, you would totally understand the necessity of wine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards