Oklahoma

programs

Hey girls. Where did ya'll get your programs made? Are you guys even using programs? I'm using TheAmericanWedding.com for my invites and napkins, but I don't see any programs on there. Any ideas?

Re: programs

• YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually making my programs because I couldn't find any out there that I liked or that weren't too expensive. I'm making a simple 5x5 folded program with about 6 pages on the inside. Outside will have piece of velum with our monogram and date on the front piece and on the back it will have our theme saying for the wedding. On the pages inside, you can do just about whatever you want. Ours will list the ceremony, the bridal party, our thanks to who ever, our remembrances, our mailing address at the end if people need it to update their Christmas cards list or whatever, and we're debating on adding the reception events to it as well since the ceremony and reception are all in once place...I wish I could find some of the online places that I had found some programs, but I never saved the links and they aren't coming up in a google search.. :(I think some girls have gone to Kinkos to get stuff printed for a fairly good price, plus there's a shop on May, north of 63rd called Paper N More that I think does stuff like programs and invitations so you might want to check them out....Hope that helps some and I'm sorry this is so long winded...oops
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't really see a need for us to have programs, so we didn't do them, but I think a few girls on here used Kinko's to get their's printed.
  • ms.janiecems.janiece member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay great info. So if I'm hearing this right really there is nothing you can't put in the program as far as rules and stiff. I want to write a little blurb thanking our bridal party and stuff. Thanks so much ladies!
  • YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you can put whatever you want in there. I've seen some that are done by couples that are big in the theater that created playbill booklets for their's, and with like each person, they put a little bio about how they met that person, etc and thanked them that way. If you go the route of making yours and need some templates, I've got a few saved that I found useful, so just page me and I can send them to ya!
  • MelB228MelB228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had planned on doing programs, but they were something that I decided not to do at the last minute b/c I didn't have the time to get them done. We waited on out music till the last minute, which meant waiting on programs until the last minute, and I decided I wanted to see my family and sleep more than I wanted to make programs the days before the wedding :) I had them half designed, however, and did them myseld. I got paper at Michael's for like 20 bucks and was going to take them to kinkos to get printed.
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are still looking to have some made – check with a freelance designer. They often can do quick turn around time, design something to tie into your look, etc. and are generally more affordable. I would recommend Jennifer Crawford – metzcrawford@hotmail.com – Several other knotties have used her for invites, and all paper products and gets great reviews!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards