Latino Weddings

NWR: Names

Just for fun:
What is your favorite latino/hispanic names for girl/boy??

Re: NWR: Names

• edited December 2011
    For the girl names Illiana and Elena. For the boy names I like Alejandro, Antonio, and Andres.
  • edited December 2011
    For girl name I like Paola, for a boy I like Jonas.
  • leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For boys I love the names Giovanni or Jayvoni, for girls I love the name Amaya (not sure if its technically a hispanic name), as well as Amara and Alana.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • conniesue807conniesue807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am hoping my Venezuelan husband to be won't mind Javier Arturo for our son. Of course he wants our daughter to be Daniela so it's close to his name though I don't find it very Latino.
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_nwr-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:6a5e9c8c-f796-455a-8e50-2abc76e7af90Post:7a9196c2-0cfd-4868-be09-9f81cf6b0453">Re: NWR: Names</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am hoping my Venezuelan husband to be won't mind Javier Arturo for our son. Of course he wants our daughter to be Daniela so it's close to his name though I don't find it very Latino.
    Posted by conniesue807[/QUOTE]

Oh you'd be surprised! I'm currently living in Quito and EVERYONE'S name is Daniela lol. It's crazy! FI loves it too but he has an ex friend/ ex gf/ psycho with that same name that I hiiighly dislike. I couldn't live with that constant reminder in the back of my head all my life with my own kid lol! Plus I have personal dislike for male names transformed into female names. I'd say Daniela is becoming very Latino though these days!
  • edited December 2011
    For boys I love Mateo. Not sure about girl names though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like Mateo also and Diego. For girls I like Marian, thats my daughter's name.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011

I love the name Paloma. For boys, I like Diego, Nicolas & Andres. I want to stick to names that are easier to pronounce... my FI's name is Esteban and people have the hardest time with that name!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards