Texas-Houston
Options

Marriage License/counseling

Awhile back a fellow knottie had posted the thread on taking the counseling on line and obtaining a percentage off on you license by doing so. I can't seem to locate the post if possible please provide the link.

Regards,
KY
KYPHILLY

Re: Marriage License/counseling

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IDK the link, but the counseling is something like Twogether in Texas or something. But my cousin is a pastor and he is accredited with the state to do the counseling.
  • Options
    BecTexBecTex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our counseling through our pastor but the website he had us use was www.zoescore.com. We took the test and then went over the results wtih him.  By doing this, our marriage license only cost $11. I think the normal cost is 60 or 70
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Twogether in Texas can direct you to counselors, pastors and psychologists who can do the required pre marital counseling. I called Twogetehr In Texas and the lady gave me a website to go so we could take a test. We were able to see upon completion what our strengths and weaknesses/ differences are. This will help us make better use of the counseling session we go to. Going to one of the premarital sessions reduces the cost of the marriage licence.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Second Baptist Church has a class that is Friday evening and all day Saturday. You don't have to be a member to attend. We took the class and we enjoyed it and we got the discount. You can find the information on their site www.second.org
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards