Outdoor Weddings

Back-up Plans

Does everyone have a backup plan? Rain scares me. But we really can't afford a backup plan unless it is the same venue. People keep telling me it doesnt rain much in Sept and not to worry but I cant help it.

Re: Back-up Plans

• our place provides a back up plan. did you check with your venue? they may have another plan incase it does rain. good luck!
  • Check with your venue about a back up.  A few locations I've looked into have a tent they are willing to set up and others offer an indoor location.  The indoor location is no additional money and the tent varied from place to place whether it was more money or not.  Also check the farmer's almanac and see what they say about the weather.  You could even see if your venue will allow you to erect your own covering.  I'm a little worried too but I made sure our venue had the option for us.  Remember it's good luck to rain a little on your wedding day. ;)
  • Thank god my venue has a back-up plan. I will be praying for a nice day and no storms. Im having a beach wedding in south Florida.
  • If your venue doesn't have a backup plan, I would definitely plan for one. You really never know what the weather might be like ...
  • While I certainly hope you don't need to use your backup plan, you need one. You will be very very sorry if it's pouring and you don't have anywhere to be. 
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • The venue would actually be a a park so there is no back up.  We must pay in full and if it rains etc there is no refund not even partial.  We may just stick with the church to be safe.
  • Oh I forgot to mention that this park doesnt allow anything to be staked so that means no tents
  • If there's no back-up plan at the park, then you definitely shouldn't get married there. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Our venue provides a back-up plan just in case! I hope we don't have to use it though. Make sure to check with your venue about a back-up plan.
  • I dont have the budget to include tent rental. We are getting married in the garden of a historical house in my town. it's gorgeous, but because it is a house there isn't really a space for everyone to gather if it rains. We bought some umbrellas (dollar store, ebay, etc) and if it rains we'll just have to figure it out. I'm not letting it worry me, because quite honestly there is nothing i can do to change the weather. why worry? I'm prepared to say my vows under an umbrella. Raining is a sign of renewal, life, and good fortune. Though I hope the sun is shining, and it's a gorgeous day if it happens to rain...we will celebrate just the same and we will be just as married. :)if you two really love the park and want it there, go for it! Just be prepared to deal with rain. If you're the type of person who will freak out over it, then it's worth looking into other options. But if you can go with the flow...the park sounds beautiful! GL
  • Yeah, I am worried about that too but we have an outdoor/indoor set-up so we can easily move it inside. I really hope it doesn't happen though b/c the outdoor area is so beautiful!I don't know what you would do about wet seats but I have heard of people buying inexpensive umbrellas in case of rain but I think its still risky not to have a back-up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards