Snarky Brides

wedding day tips

So I got married on August 29th, 2009. I have 2 tips.1.) DO not let your baker apply the ribbon to the cake and freeze or refridgerate it. It will change the color of the ribbon. 2.) This is the best tip that I received and did not listen myself. Make sure you have plenty of time to get ready so you are relaxed and not rushed.

Re: wedding day tips

• Duly noted, though I don't think I'm having ribbon on my cake.  My ceremony isn't until 1:30 so I'm thinking there will be plenty of time to get married.  Were you late to yours or just felt rushed?  How was the wedding otherwise.  Congrats by the way.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• I got married on April 14, 2007.  You shouldn't eat ribbon.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Kristin, you got married on my bday. Now I'll never forget your anniversary.
  • And pi day!  A wonderful day all around.I for one, will really appreciate these tips once I perfect my time machine.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Wait, that's March 14.  Never mind, your birthdaversary is just a regular day.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • how the hell does ribbon change color in the refrigerator?  was your ribbon made of thermal paper?  or that weird color-changing t-shirt material from the 80's/90's
  • I got married on September 30, 2007.The ribbon on my cake was refrigerated and it did not change color.  We also did not eat it.
  • Kay, September 30 is my birthday.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I was too drunk to notice the colors on the cake when I got to the reception.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • leave enough time to get ready so you're not rushed?  this seems more like a life tip than a wedding day tip.
  • Huh, ok well first I posted this under the wrong area. Second, I did not eat the ribbon. It was purely decoration. But the tip that I was sharing that when you freeze silk ribbon it will sometimes change colors. For example the ribbon was eggplant and after freezing it turned black. I just wanted to help future brides so they would not come across the same problem. Whoa snarky is right!
  • I was hoping you might have some more profoundly helpful tips to share with us
  • I just wanna say that I happened onto Snarky in a dull moment at work and now I'm laughing out loud here at my desk! A wedding day tip -- on how NOT to let your eggplant-colored cake ribbon turn black? I guess I'll have to find my way back to wedding day beauty (hehe) where the most outrageous discussion (booooring) is about which is the plumpest and most waterproof wedding day mascara.  Me oh my.
  • If you don't like the tip that I shared oh well. It was enough of a tip to make you read it and write something!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards