Retro and Vintage Weddings

Anyone else have a vintage theme that's not hollywood?

Hi Ladies, I am not new to the knot but new to this board!  We are having a vintage/bird themed wedding in a barn this coming May. Check out my bio and let me know what you think. Is anyone else having a vintage wedding that is not old-hollywood?:)

Re: Anyone else have a vintage theme that's not hollywood?

• I looked at your bio and it looks great.  We look like we are going for very similar styles.  Our colors are even close (mine are blue, peach & ivory).  GL with all your planning!
  • i'm also going for a more vintage/country vibe....our colors are cobalt, aqua with white and deep pink flowers... we'll be using aqua mason jars for CP and i'm also using some bird themed decor....along with a DIY bird cake topper!!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cool! I am glad to see there are other vintage-y brides out there that aren't old hollywood (although I love that theme, too). Keep your bios updated and if anyone finds huge mason jars, let me know!!
  • not sure if they  have michaels or ac moore craft stores near you, but they sell the half gallon mason jars near me (not sure about price though)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are also doing a vintage travel theme. We're using vintage victorian postcards for the table numbers and old suitcases for our cardbox.
  • We're getting married in Vegas and we're going with a more of a 1950/60's Rat Pack Vibe.  I know they are all actors/musicians, but we're going with old Las Vegas more than Hollywood.
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • I'm doing vintage but not old hollywood. Mine is more victorian-vintage. My colors are champagne, dusty pink and black. Our wedding is at an old antebellum home and all of our flowers and decorations are very traditional and antique looking - silver compote dishes to hold the centerpieces, my great-aunt's china teacup holding flowers for our cake-topper, my great-grandmother's cameo on my bouquet, etc. On our guestbook table will be a display of my mom and grandmothers' wedding pictures and veils and my book is done with an antique lace fabric cover. Lots of "something old" stuff everywhere!
  • Ours is vintage Scandinavian.  We're also doing a bird theme!  I'll try to keep my bio updated. :DNice to meet you!!!!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Ours was not Old-Hollywood either. It was a hodge-podge of country vintage/1950's/Victorian. We couldn't pick just one theme!!
  • We're doing a vintage Edwardian era theme garden party. Colors are blue, pink, purple, green and ivory. So far  all I have is my dress which is a re-enactment period costume (pic on my bio).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alison1209 - That's what i think of when i think "vintage", and much more what i'm leaning towards for my wedding.  1950s and "old Hollywood" i think of more as "retro"... We haven't decided on colors but i like that dusty pink/rose pink with ivory and some browns... looks kinda antique. smallsmp8 - Unfortunately your photos wouldn't load (probably 'cause of the computer i'm on) but your theme sounds beautiful. :-)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • We kind of fell into the vintage theme :-P. My dress is more vintage inspired, and we are using a 50's porsche speedster instead of a limo. Also, the chapel we are getting married in (on our alma mater's campus) was built in that time as well. We are using aqua and bright red (matching the car). I'm actually looking for more vintage touches, any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards