Chinese Weddings
Options

Vietnamese Wedding Help!!

First off, I'm not sure if there are any Vietnamese brides on this board I guess it doesn't hurt checking!Well, to introduce myself, I am planning our MN wedding from here in DC where my FI and I currently live. I am half Vietnamese and incorporating in my dad's culture to share it with FI's family and because I am the only girl cousin on my Dad's side of the family. Our wedding date is October 16th, 2009 and then our traditional Vietnamese wedding will take place on October 18th. Now that a lot of my "American" (as my dad calls it) wedding is planned its time to start thinking about the Vietnamese wedding. Does anyone have any resources where I can get more info on the ceremony, where to buy an ao dai either online or in the DC or MN area, etc... Any help would be much appreciated!Also if you know of any photographers, knotties, anything that would have posted photos of Vietnamese wedding that would be great.

Re: Vietnamese Wedding Help!!

• Options
    qloveqlove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello LadiesI'm so glad this section exists here at the Knot.  I need help planning and I'm hoping you can help.  I'm Latina marrying a wonderful Vietnamese man.  While my FI isn't into adding too much of the Vietnamese traditions into our wedding I would like to incorporate some traditions.  I have time to plan and I live in Los Angeles  and I plan as a suprise to him and to his family to wear an Ao Dai at our reception.  My wedding colors are red and gold and we're planning a September 2010 wedding...still I want to get as much planned and ready as possible.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards