Hawaii

Heading to Maui to wedding plan- what to do?!

My fiance and I are heading to Maui at the end of next month to meet with vendors and such for our wedding in June 2013. We have a date reserved at Olowalu, but I really want to see the venue.

My question is, what vendors are most important to actually meet face to face? For sure we are going to meet with a few caterers and wedding planners for a day of coordinator. I was thinking the photographer might be important too. However, I'd love some advice on how to make the most of our 5 days!

Re: Heading to Maui to wedding plan- what to do?!

• We met with out banquet coordinator and the cake people.  Mmm.  Go see your cake people.  They're the best tasting vendors.  Banquet coordinator went over everything as we had a package wedding, so it was good to meet with her too.  But for sure do the cake

• We met with: Our coordinator A couple DJs Our baker...twice! We had a cake tasting in Sept and a dessert tasting a few weeks ago Caterer tasting I wanted to meet with our florist but she was on the mainland for work. Our videographer I've known from before and our photographer flew down to San Francisco to shoot our engagement photos. I say meet with as many vendors and you think you need to. We met with 2 DJs, but after our meetings we completely switched our decision and went with the DJ our planner did not initially recommend to us. I think it is important to meet and know the people who are going to make your big day happen! You want to be able to know that you will be able to work with them throughout the planning process...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did tastings with caterers and bakeries/pastry chefs. We met our WC in person. We did an engagement shoot with our photographer and met with florists.
    Anniversary
  • We met with all of our vendors, did tastings and checked places out to recomend to guests. 
  • I would definitely suggest doing a walk through with your venue.  Even better if you could see your venue set up for an event, super bonus if it's for a wedding.

Tastings would be great too.  Do you plan on visiting again or just this once?

Most vendors can meet you via video conference or on the phone, but those that you that you would hire most on personal connection I would try and meet, like minister/officiant.

Doing an engagement shoot during your visit would be great too.  Even if you're not sure you'd like to hire them for the day of.  Some will include the engagement shoot in their wedding day services package, but just pay for the engagement shoot and ask if you can apply it to the wedding day package if you do decide to book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards