North Carolina-Outer Banks

Reception at rental house

I'm planning to rent a house right on the beach and have the ceremony right on the beach and the reception at the house. My question is this, where are people planning to have the tables set up for eating? I was thinking of finding a house that has space outdoors to set up tables and having everyone eat out there and then have people go inside for dancing. This means everyone has to move inside and I'll probably have to get more chairs for people to sit inside when they're not dancing. I was wondering how other people are handling the set up of the reception, any help would be appreciated!

Re: Reception at rental house

• edited December 2011
    We are doing everything outside (weather cooperating).  We are planning on renting a tent.  I have seen weddings down there where people have done it all outside.  If that is a route you want to go, when you begin looking at houses, keep that in mind and try to find a house that has a property big enough to accomodate that.
  • edited December 2011
    Be very careful and ASK if the property you are interested in allows tents.  There are not many that do.  We wanted to have most of ours outside but were looking at interior space as well in case of rain. We are only having 50-75 people so it made more sense for us not to do formal seating instead we're going to get 6 tables for around the pool and a dance floor for outside so people can eat inside or out and keep a better flow. 
  • dawnchitdawnchit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I just got married in April and live here in Frisco. We rented the Love Boat in Frisco which is actually on the sound. I, like you, wanted to get married on the beach, but here's why we ended up at the Love Boat... After much research into the rental houses I was not able to find a house on the beach that had a yard big enough to accommodate a wedding reception. Our guest list was 100 people. The other determining factor was that I had family members that are handicapped and would have trouble getting out on the beach. The Love Boat was a perfect alternative because it actually has its own private soundfront beach which is where we had our ceremony. The sun sets over the sound so we had our ceremony at 5:30 as the sun was beginning to set. I loved that! We were also able to set up 50 chairs that day and have electricity run for the ceremony music. A big problem with being on the beach is that it is really difficult to hear because of the wind so this was another bonus. Although it is quite popular to have beach wedding and it is definitely what I always wanted, it's worth thinking about this alternative. I would be glad to send pix if you're interested. Good luck!
  • mila192mila192 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!1I am renting an event house in Duck through Twiddy. Im like you i wanted a beach ceremony and a reception in the house . And i found the perfect house , it's in the Four Seasons in Duck it has a big backyard a pool ans it's oceanside almost ocean front since beach is sooo close lol.You should check twiddy.com the house is Carolina Blessing(the pics are not accurate for the backyard, it has bushes and greens which helps for privacy).Im setting tables outside in backyard.If you want some picks give me your email adrress ill send the ones i took.Olivia
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice! The wedding is next October, so I'm also a little nervous that it's going to get too cold out to have the entire thing outside. I think that I'm going to do as much of it outside as possible, look for a house that has the outdoor space, but also space indoors so we can all go inside once the sun sets and it gets cooler. Has anyone else had or is anyone else planning on having their wedding in October? Is it realistic to plan on having most of it outside or is it going to get too cold at night? Thanks again for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning a mid Sept wedding.  That is the latest I've been there, but it great at night, it just starts cooling off and is very comfortable.  I've heard Oct can go either way very warm or a little chilly depending on the season and the day.  It is supposed to be a great time down there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards