Iowa-Des Moines

undecided hair

I just posted this on my October 2009 board...and I'd love my Des Moines ladies to offer insight as well! So I was dead set on having my hair down and have a ton of curls for my wedding day. A bit of background...I never do my hair...I am lucky to actually blow dry it before leaving my house for work each morning and I hate, HATE hairspray. So my conflict is do I wear my hair down, knowing my stylist is going to have to put a ton of hairspray on it to keep hold curl all day. Or do I just have an up-do done so I don't have to worry about locks of hairsprayed hair in my face all day?? I'm torn...any suggestions??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: undecided hair

• edited December 2011
    Well, you will look back at pictures forever, so do you feel like you would be comfortable in an up-do which is not natural for you and then looking back at pictures? Or, do you want your hair in your face all day? More to think about, sorry! I too do not really fix my hair. I don't mind hairspray though. I opted to go for an up-do because it completes the look of my dress and gives it an romantic feel. Down, my stringy, thin hair would never hold and look good all day. Those are some other things to keep in mind. GL. From the pic you used to have in your siggy, I would say up.
  • edited December 2011
    From the pic you used to have in your siggy, I would say up.This sounds rude, not how I intended it. I just meant you have nice long hair, I would wear it up. I am struggling to get mine long enough.
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No offense taken. I just posted a picture of my first hair trial in my bio...as well as my first dress trial...I can't believe I didn't have these pictures in there yet. So that might offer insight too. I am a large framed girl (nice way of saying fat) and I have a huge forehead and nose. No matter what hair style I do I can't hide those factors. But I am starting to think an up do is elegant for the occasion. Classic and formal...what wedding hair should be!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My vote is for up, mostly because your hair looks thin like mine, and mine doesn't hold curls very well at all.  But either way you're probably going to have a lot of hairspray so that's probably something you'll just have to deal with for a day. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am also a big figured girl like you (sorry don't rememer your exact wording) as of right now I am wanting my left down with bigger curls just because I hate having my hair up. Do I think it would be more elegant up though...yes.I am just self concious about my face so I think when my hair is down it kind of takes the attention off of my face and directs it more towards my hair.
  • edited December 2011
    I also have thin hair that doesn't hold a curl, so wearing my hair down was never really an option.  I was also dreading having a helmet of hairspray, but in the end the stylist actually didn't put much hairspray in, and she hardly backcombed my hair at all, and it stayed in perfectly all day and still looked great at the end of the night despite the fact that we had been outside literally all day for the wedding and reception.  So there's hope for you to not have gallons of hairspray just because it's up!  Your hair looks great in your trial, and the way they swept your hair over your forehead is the same thing they did to hide my ridiculously huge forehead with my up-do.  And your nose isn't too big, hon!  Ok, I seriously didn't mean to write a novel but there you have it.  :-) 
  • edited December 2011
    After looking at your trial #1, I think up. The pictures under your trial #1 are nice. Is this your updo option? Do you want to wear your veil over the do or under? That is something to think about in choosing a style. I am wearing my veil under the do. Wearing it up will likely take less hairspray...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards