Pennsylvania

Highly Recommended Vendors

Hi everyone,Good luck to everyone still planning their wedding and congratulations to everyone who survived their big day! I was absolutely thrilled with a few of my vendors (I just got married a little over a week ago) and wanted to share them with all of you. I haven't lived in NEPA for over 8 years now and planned the entire wedding from out of state - I don't believe everthing would have been as perfect if it were not for these people below.Florist/Decor/Invitations - Lavender Goose in Peckville.Joyce and her team were amazing. They customized all the bouquets and floral arrangements - my bouquet was so perfect that people didn't believe they were real flowers! She also went above and beyond decorating the ceremony and reception sites - she took our ideas and made them 1,000 times better than we could have imagined. One of the highlights of the night was our a candy table - so she worked with us in picking our favorite red and white candies and did a phenomenal job with the layout. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I ordered my wedding invitations from her!Here's a photo of the candy table:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30639884&l=6863fdc44b&id=1057835514Hair/make-up - Val Herron of Salon Bombshell in WyomingI was really worried about hair and make-up, just because I'm not good with either and had no idea where to start! Val met me at Ulta to help pick out the best make up and colors. Red was one of my wedding colors, and I never wear lipstick yet wanted to the day of. She went through the types of stains and longer lasting lipwear - I only reapplied right before the reception! We were also able to fit in a trial run of both a couple days before the wedding to save time and make sure we were on the same page. I could not have been happier with the final outcome! I'm so excited for our professional photos to come in.Bakery - Lynn Sandy's Scranton.Amazing customer service. I wanted to surprise my husband with a groomscake - I searched everywhere for someone who could screen an edible image onto a cheesecake - and they told me they'd make it happen. To make a long story short, the cake did not come out looking like I had envisioned. Lynn herself came on the phone to apologize and make it right, so she personally recreated the cake herself and had it delivered to the reception site immediately afterwards. Hope this helps anyone in need of vendors!Michelle

Re: Highly Recommended Vendors

• edited December 2011
    I must second Lavender Goose - they were incredible.. and when planning from a long distance location, it was tough to find such great people to work with.
  • sarahel8sarahel8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Michelle, Did I see on another post that your reception was at the Woodlands? Mine is there and I'm kind of still in the beginning stages of planning...wedding isn't until until June 2010, so I haven't done too much yet. So far they've been accomodating. I also am planning the wedding from a distance (live in Pittsburgh), so any advice/tips you could offer would be helpful.  I am currently looking for a florist and a salon so these reviews helped, thanks! My email is SarahEL8@hotmail.com. Sarah
  • mjose182mjose182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah - Congrats on your engagement! Where in Pittsburgh are you? My husband is from there and we both went to school at Pitt - so we have fond memories of the area.Yes, we had our wedding reception at the Woodlands. Overall it was great - our guests had a wonderful time, but getting to that point was certainly trying. My biggest suggestion is to get everything in writing. I'm assuming you're working with Rick, correct? Correspond with him through e-mail - you'll want to be able to refer back to them because he is not always detail oriented or straight forward with his answers. Also, pay close attention to the break down of prices - the way its quoted in their wedding booklet is drastically different than the way it's presented in the final quote. I've had a few people tell me that they had extra charges added in at the last minute, make sure to question them. Oh, and don't feel bad asking if they're flexible on some items - we were able to get a break on the upgraded liquor package.Lastly, I'm not sure how important your cake is to you, but I may suggest keeping your options open if it's a big deal. The Woodlands would not do a tasting with us but we had them make our cake anyways. (How badly can someone mess up a red velvet cake, right?) Well, we were extremely disappointed.I know you're a ways off from your wedding, but feel free to give Joyce at Lavender Goose a call - she was amazing. I'm anxiously awaiting the photos from our photographer so I can really give people an idea of what she can do for future brides.Hopefully this was helpful - and I don't mean to scare you off about the Woodlands. Again, everyone really enjoyed themselves and what reception venue doesn't have its good and bad points. Please feel free to contact me if you want to chat some more. mjose182@gmail.comMichelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards