Flowers
Options

What color boquet should I have with a white and red wedding dress?

Hi there ladies, I'd really like some help with this. My wedding dress has a lot of red accents. It's strapless with a red band across the chest and then red flower embroidery all down the corset the skirt is all white.  What color boquet should I have that won't clash with the red embroidery of my dress.  I'm thinking of having plumerias. thanks!

Re: What color boquet should I have with a white and red wedding dress?

• Options
    Alley2bAlley2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not just use red roses? Those are always classy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think plumeria will look sort of weird.  Most of them are kind of pinkish... or, have bright yellows.I would go with red or white roses.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might use several shades of red so it will blend, rather than clash with the red on your dress. Or go with red and white, and/or throw in an accent color to tone down the reds. Just don't stress over the exact shade of red. When it comes to flowers, there is no guarantee that the color you ordered will be the exact color you get. It's not an exact science. I think I would do red roses, with a few mini white and green hydraengeas, some deeper or brighter red gerbers, peonies, or mini carnations, and maybe some red (and or green) hypericum berries. The red in those is usually a more "coral" red, that will add interest. You might check out a color wheel that has varying shades and an explanation (of complimentary, contrasting, amalgous, monochromatic, etc...). Opposite of red is green, adjacent is orange and purple/violets. This is why I might use some purple filler flowers, like some vivid purple statice, or lighter purple/lavender limonium. Or I really love some deep burnt orange/coral with deep red, and purple. I know it sounds weird, but somehow it works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having red accents on my dress as well and sticking with red roses. I think it's very safe. I think as you do not go orange or pick with the red it will match well. Also, have you thought about a 3rd accent color? I am adding black with my red and white. I saw a posting on here about black feathers with the red roses...LOVED IT! You might want to look into something like that as well. Sorry if the ticker and badges below do not work...I am still trying to figure this stuff out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards