New Jersey

Would this be too late?

FI and I are thinking of waiting until the end of April to figure out the guys' tuxedos.  Our wedding is mid-July, so is our timing okay or would FI be better off taking care of the tuxes sooner?

Part of the issue is that my dad and several of the groomsmen are in the process of losing a lot of weight (they've already dropped quite a few pounds in the past several months and are still losing weight pretty steadily).

What do you think?
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Would this be too late?

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I would at least try to peg down a place that has the styles that you like and are available for the date that you need. Fittings can always come second.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went a few months ago just to get colors and styles figured out.  The guys have until the end of March (wedding is in May) to get sized.  We are using Men's warehouse though so a different company may need the sizes earlier.  I think if you have the time, it might just be one more thing you can knock off your list until everything gets crazy.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No...DH went a month before. They told us that a month is plenty of time and it was. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

We aren't up to that stage yet, but my understanding is that tuxes are plentiful and easy.  Especially if your going to a chain like Joseph A Bank of Men's Wearhouse (which is what we plan to do).  But I agree with the PP, no reason not to at least settle on the provider and styles; you can do fitting pretty late and still be okay.

• edited December 2011
    I'd say do it whenever you get a chance or your near a menswear house -- it took us like 30 mins to set everything up. Alot of the guys ordered their stuff a little late, but they just had to pay extra to have it rushed. Mens Wearhouse also called me to let me know who still needed to order which was nice. 
    Photobucket
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is mid July also, they told us to set up the account around march ish and that way we can tell the guys how much it will cost and stuff and they just need to get measured around mayish, remember prom season is coming, and tux places get crazy around that time.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just bring the groom and maybe best man to pick them out like nowish decide on style color designer etc fittings can be done 30 days before
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    edited December 2011
    We had the same issue, as far as people loosing weight.  We went in February to pick out the tuxes because I was concerned about Prom Season and I was right. April will be a mad house with high school students.  Here is how we handled it.  Everyone got measured and placed the order.  About 3 or 4 weeks before the wedding, those that lost weight went back and got remeasured.  The guy we worked with was so good about it.  I would imagine that any tux place would do this.  
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You can pick them out whenever you want, the guys have until like 30 days before to get measured.  If you have the time now go do it, if not I wouldn't worry about it.   We did it early and told all the guys when we did it and I was still tracking them all down a month ahead of time to go get it done, so IMO it doesn't really make a difference.  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Good points about prom season and the fact that regardless of when we want things to be taken care of the guys will do it on their own timelines (aka-last minute) anyway, haha. 

I'll just make sure FI picks everything out within the next month or so just so we have our end taken care of and the guys' measurements will just happen as they happen. 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shoebieshoebie member
    edited December 2011
    You will be fine with prom, Proms are end on may start of june 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board