February 2010 Weddings

Bridesmaid dresses clash with flowers?

Hi all! I'm getting married on February 20th.. long story short, I've always wanted a late-spring wedding but we are accommodating my fiance's cousin who is being deployed to Korea in March.I am sticking with my spring theme, my bridesmaids aren't complaining!, by having knee length teal dresses from David's Bridal. The color is actually called "Mermaid" and it's beautiful!I'm carring white calla lilies and wanted the bridesmaids to carry something different. My accent color is light green, but I was thinking of yellow roses/tulips? Would the yellow clash with the teal color of their dress? I would include whatever flower into my bouquet as well.Let me know what you think are good flowers to A) match their dresses but also B) go well with cally lilies. Thanks!!!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses clash with flowers?

• Tulips are my favorite flower, so I'm a little partial. I am using them in my BQ as well as the BMs.  Luckily, tulips come in soooo many different shades.  You could do all light yellow or mix it w/ white.  Or you could have your BMs carry yellow & white calla lillies.  I think it'll look beautiful.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Stick with the yellow. I think pops of color are great for BM's and would look so pretty with the teal!
  • Thanks everyone! Your suggestions have helped, and it makes me feel better that you all agree!!I've also decided to add yellow tissue paper pomanders with blue and green ribbon for the pew decorations to add the yellow elsewhere. And maybe have yellow on the cake.
  • Those colors sound fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I love calla lillies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards