Not Engaged Yet

*** Regulars ***

Long time lurker, first time writer.So rather than introduce myself, I'm going to engage in some oral diarrhea, to keep the spark alive on this board that was gone for so long.NQB: You're a riot. However, I hate the Giants... a lot. My hate from them grows, and I don't even like football that much.Jeana: I wasn't a fan at first, but you quickly grew on me. I now, too, want a little Jeana to carry around in my pocket. Congrats on getting engaged, I was rooting for you. Love the dress, btw.Noelle: Your knowlegde of internet safety and your googling skills amaze me. I like that after you warned the recently engaged girls about posting their pics from FB, the next post was just that. In fact, I changed my sn prior to posting (it was previously my address...), then had to wait 2 days to post.Rachel: I LOVE your ring. For the longest time, I wanted it, but I'm going with the diamond b/c dang it they're so shiny!Salt: Sometimes you could be such a B*****, but you have some wise words. You still scare me though. Bring back the taco!Mags: You just plain are a B****. You're b****yness overshadows your (")good(") advise.Icequeen: Although not a regular, I miss your floating head and your crazy antics.Madison: Your adorable puppy makes me wish I could turn back the hands of time and see what my doggie looked like as a baby.To the girl that said vagina gnomes... AMAZING! I'm still laughing and eagerly awaiting the chance to use it. I also like the term parasite, from House (I didn't see the premiere yet, don't ruin it for me). However, I do want vagina gnomes one day.AnneandJJ: Get off the knot. You're BF doesn't want to get married, you say you're ok with it, yet you're still on here. There's a river in Egypt...Acrosthec: You have many wise words, keep them coming.Button: If I still lived in CT, I'd want to befriend you. However, you'd have to quit smoking. You too NQB. There's a 50% chance you'll die due to a tobacco related illness.Anyone else, I'd just be dragging on... but Hello none the less.

Re: *** Regulars ***

• edited December 2011
    Haha...I was the one that said vagina gnomes. lol I'm so honored to make it on your list because I'm pretty new here!! :) I don't really watch House these days, but I love it when he comes up with things like that. ;) He's my smarta$$ hero. lol Parasite..hehe.. my friend calls kids "crotch fruit" but I don't find that quite as fun as "vagina gnomes". lolJS
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks?  I'm kinda shocked I'm considered a regular.  My posting count has gone down a LOT here recently.  Too much actual work to do at work most days.  :)BTW, in case you didn't know, IceQueen was a troll that got outed on P&E, so she won't be back.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow I'm dying.  I didn't think this board got enough action to have stalkers. Are there any more out there?  Announce yourself and tell us if you think mag is a biitch or just honest. And who are you M&Bs.  DO tell.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I'm not a webstalker, but I'll throw my hat in the "Mags is honest, and sometimes a b!tch, but usually for good reason" ring.Also, I too was wondering who the OP is.  She skipped an intro, so we know nothing about her, and for whatever reason, the Knot is screwing up so I can't open her bio (if she even has one).Also x2, I like AnneandJJ most of the time, but I think her assessment of that particular situation is pretty dead on, and have for a while now.
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    This always happens to me but I can't see anyone's bubbles or click on profiles today so I don't know where OP lives but I'm guessing it's Texas.  Are you sad we crushed your Cowboys? And yes we're not going to kick AnneandJJ off the knot just because of her peculiar relationship dynamic.  It's not my bag but she's a good egg. Icequeen is not real.  And mag can be biitchy but what bothers me is she just lurks and pounces at the first hint of stupidity so she can say "oh look at that idiot on NEY." But we've had this argument already and gotten our kumbayays out so I won't rehash it.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I, too, am wondering who OP is.  I can't click on her profile either, but yours is working just fine for me NQB. I am glad, though, that someone else noticed the irony of that thread on Just Engaged.  I half considered calling them all out in the thread by their real names, but thought it might come across as too stalkerish.  But some of those stupid girls have really unique names that wouldn't be hard to track down. Google is not that hard... honestly. And internet safety *should* be common sense. I agree that Mags always comes across as biitchy, but since her advice is almost always centered around an important point, it doesnt' bother me that much.To be honest, I've always thought the same thing about AnneandJJ.  I don't quite believe she's okay with never getting married, or why else would you hang around the knot all day? I don't think she should leave the knot because she'll never get married, I'm just worried it's not exactly a way to stay happy in that kind of relationship. p.s. Acro, I'd consider you a regular.  The post count on the whole board has gone down...  
  • edited December 2011
    Just Engaged is a whole ball of silly.  But KA has declared it a Flame Free Zone and I respect that.  We can sit and mock from over here.  But entire threads of people who can't post a link makes me glad there's a place for them.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    *eyeroll* I know.  KA deleted a couple posts of mine over there because I guess they were declared too flamey.  Apparently nicely suggesting that someone use paragraphs instead of a wall of text to make her post easier to read is too biitchy.  The irony of that was that I was trying to be very nice about it, in light of KA's edict! Haha.I really can't spend much time there.  I just want to bitchslap the girl who's mother is running down her FI and tell her either grow a fcuking spine or she's not mature enough to get married.  Biting my tongue is hard :-/
  • edited December 2011
    *** = biitchslap Apparently that can't get through the filters. huh.
  • edited December 2011
    Noelle, you said more eloquently my concerns for AnneandJJ.  I don't think she should leave.  If she's happy hanging out with us, then stick around.  I'm just concerned that being on the Knot in general is not going to help her stay happy in a relationship that may never be headed towards marriage.Also, I hate the Just Engaged board.  It's basically Proposals, which I always disliked as well.  Because Proposals is now under "Special Topic Boards" like NEY, I'm thinking everyone is just going there to tell their proposal story.  I thought it was going to be a bunch of girls asking questions, but it's really just people announcing their engagements.  While I'm happy for them, it gets old quick.Also, BF and I have been talking about dates, so I went to our potential date board and kinda wanted to throw up.  There was a 20-something-long post about how everyone needed to be nice to each other because 1 person asked someone else to un-center their sig because it centered all the following posts.  Seriously?  You thought that was a b!tchy thing to ask?  I think I've been hardened by NEY and will never fit in on the club boards.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with you on the club board thing Acro.  I sometimes visit my potential club board, and it's all sugar and spice and everything nice.  *Vom* :-) Which club board are you talking about? Talking about dates is exciting! Yay for Acro!
  • edited December 2011
    My club board is all right.  Most of it doesn't interest me because I'm not doing any DIY and have no desire to pick out every last thing for my wedding so far in advance but they got a kick out of the whole geminihousecat thing a while back.

My Blog

• M&B'sM&B's member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Mags, you never fail me... I guess I'll work on my compliment sandwich. As for me... My profile says nothing, fake date, with no additional info. I'm 5'6", far from little. I don't live in Texas (and never will). Currently living in the NW but mainly from NE. BF and I, 30 and 25 respectively, have been together for 1.5 yrs and have been living together during most of that time. We're in the "pre-engaged" staged (his words, not mine, though they did offer a good laugh followed by a "never say that again"). BF doesn't work and McDonald's, although he hopes to switch over from his current Carl's Jr job, due to benefits. His real dream though (and mine too, really) is to work at In-N-Out, mainly for the work environment.  In response to Acrosthec: Noelle, you said more eloquently my concerns for AnneandJJ. I don't think she should leave. If she's happy hanging out with us, then stick around. I'm just concerned that being on the Knot in general is not going to help her stay happy in a relationship that may never be headed towards marriage. It's nothing personal to Anne, I have nothing against her, I just feel bad.And yes, I know icequeen was a fake. But damn she was entertaining how far she'd take it.<3,Your A #1 stalker
  • edited December 2011
    You're new so I can't tell if the In-and-Out Burgers thing is a joke.  We don't have In-and-Out Burgers on the East Coast.  Am I missing anything?  I doubt it.  Fast food is not my bag either. So what's your NFL team?  I need to know how to properly bring on the hate.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Noelle~  April 2010.  Yea I know.  We want a short engagement, and we would prefer to space out our wedding from all our friends next year.  So far, here's what we're looking at, and it's been a pretty detailed conversation:Jan. is too soon for me at this point.  I don't think I could put something together that quickly, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.  It'd just be really difficult.Friends' wedding in Feb., one in June, and one in July.  We're getting married in Savannah, so March is pretty much out due to St. Patty's festivities and everything else that goes on that month.  August is too dang hot here.  Like miserable hot.Neither of us wants to try and deal with competing with football season, so that knocks out Sept-Dec.  ;)So really April (or maybe early May) is optimal if we want to get married next year, which we do.  I've seen a couple people plan in six months, so I'm sure I can do it too.  The worst part right now is knowing that every day he puts off the proposal trying to "surprise" me is another day I can't go ahead and book things, so I'm sure Savannah vendors are getting filled up for spring (if they aren't already).
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Listen,I feel like we are all straying from the most important topic at hand, and that is my cute puppy. Let's try and stay focused on what really matters, ok ladies?
  • M&B'sM&B's member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was a joke (see other thread).In-N-Out is a West Coast (CA, AZ, NV) area fast food joint that is simply amazing. There's really no words to describe it. If you're ever in that area, check it out. You'll be dumbfounded.I'm a Pats fan, as you might have imagined. But I don't like football all that much. I've tried and tried to get into it, but it's not lighting any sparks. Doesn't help the fact that they're pretty awful this year. My dislike for the Giants is more of a personal thing, rather than based on sports. It's stupid, yeah, but it doesn't make me like them anymore.
  • edited December 2011
    Mer, you doggie is cute.  You should create a bio. And whoever said the vagina gnomes thing, no, that did not offend me.  I just thought it was funny as hell.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Dear M&B, you should make this your sig:

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NQBA bio? What would I put in this bio??"Hi I'm mermadison, every day I change my mind on i I want to get married. But look, a PUPPY!! Ohmygawdpuppers!"Ha. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh NQB, you inspired me to check up on Gemini.  She hasn't posted anything on the boards or her blog since June.  Not surprised.Mermadison, your puppy is cute.  What do you think of mine?  :)Here's both of them enjoying a boat ride:[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2wexqpi.jpg[/IMG]
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great bio.  Put up pictures of dogs and stuff.  I don't even like dogs but I think yours is cute.  I might borrow it for one hour.  Also photos of you and your BF so I can put a face with the name (also for stalking).  :-)

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Thanks? I haven't been around much lately and I just happened to logon today while I'm waiting for my parents to call.Also I like mags - I prefer her honesty than the puppies and kittens advice I hear too often on some of these boards.As far as AnneandJJ I agree with noelle and acroAcro - planning a wedding in 6 months is very doable albeit stressful - I planned mine in 5Mermad - You're puppy is indeed ridiculously adorableOP - what's wrong with Texas?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap sapphire you're getting married in 2 days! Imma start a new thread.  Note to Mags: I know how to spell but enjoy using internet vernacular.

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AcroLove your babies. I adore big dogs, don't know how I ended up with two little bagels. I am jealous of your boating capabilities as well.
  • edited December 2011
    @mer, where did your siggy go?  I liked it.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Eh, the boating capabilities really belong to my parents (you can see my mom's leg in the picture), but I get to enjoy it maybe once or twice a year if I visit while they happen to be at the lake and it's warm enough.  :)I love bagels.  The big floppy ears always get me.  But I always end up with large black dogs from shelters.  I know research says they're the last ones adopted, so I always take pity on them first.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Acro, 6 months is totally doable.  :)  Honestly, I could not imagine drawing it out for longer.  Exciting!! 
  • M&B'sM&B's member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NQB: I might if my stupid brain could figure out how to post pics in there. I followed directions, but to no avail. I'll have to give it another shot. Madison: Please do! I have a beagle/lab but I gothim from a pound so I didn't see him as a puppy :( I'm working on posting a pic. Sapphire: nothing... Just wouldn't want to live there. Although it seems non-Texans that move there never want to leave.
  • edited December 2011
    ah ok cool - I really like it down here but I also hate the cold with a fiery passion
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards