Oklahoma

Ok girls...I had 'the talk' with him!

Ok, so last night Randall and I went to pick up vases for my little brother's wedding decor and he said..."We're really getting a good deal on these, especially since we can use them for tom's wedding and ours". That gave me the perfect opening to say what I wanted to say. I told him that I would like to not talk about plans for a wedding until it's official because I do not, in any way, want him to feel pressured to make things official. I said that yes, I would like to have a fall wedding...one day. Maybe not this year or next year, that I would wait until he proposed on HIS time. Then he got all quiet...and I asked him what was wrong. He said,"If I proposed on my time, it would've been the day after we met." (I'm such a lucky girl). He continued to say that if I didn't want to talk about it anymore that he understood and for me to just know that he loves me and wants to marry me as soon as he can afford to put a ring on my finger. So...I need to thank you girls for talking me into talking to him, because it turned out ALOT better than I would've thought. I think y'all were right in saying he may want to get the ring paid off beforehand because that makes since from what he said! But whatever it is, I'm just gonna relax and stop expecting or planning anything. Thanks girls!!!!

Re: Ok girls...I had 'the talk' with him!

• lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there ya go!  that sounds like a good talk.  i bet you feel a lot better.  you know he wants to marry you, you know you want to marry him, so just sit back and let things fall where they will. :)  it may not be perfect to what you thought in your mind, but in the end,  your both in love and want to spend the rest of your lives together.  :)  and now that you won't be planning and talking about the wedding, when he does propose it will be more of a surprise to you and all the people around you.cograts on a good talk!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it went so well!
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! you 2 sound very level headed!
  • virgo6256virgo6256 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Sounds like you had one of those life changing talks that will make things better for you down the road.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards