Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Photographer Timeline

I was just wondering how long you all will have your photographers with you on your wedding day and if you had a timeline for them yet? We are nearing our decision of signing a contract with a photographer, but I need to do some convincing. FI thinks we need someone only there for 6 hours. I think we need 8 hours for everything I wanted captured. Our ceremony will most likely start at 5:00 and will last 30 minutes with the reception right after till about 10pm. At our venue we are allowed to be up there 4 hours prior to the ceremony to get ready and all. And I know it is required/recommended that the photographer get there 2 hours prior to do the photos of the family and such. I also want me getting ready with my bridal party (hair and makeup done, etc.) to be photographed. I was just wondering if anyone else was doing anything similar to me and seeing how long you will have yours with you. Thanks for the help!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Photographer Timeline

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer has only us booked for the day, but our time schedule with him right now is looking like 2pm-11pm (6pm ceremony, reception immediately following.) I want the "getting ready" pics with my girls too, and of the guys. Granted, I've got as much time left as you do...so things may shape up a little more before then :) By the way, I saw that you're getting married at Pineola. A college friend of mine just got married there last month; it was beautiful! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have ours for 8 hours, i think 6 is too short in my opinion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we have ours for 8 but I think 7 would have been enough--6 is pushing it
  • Options
    evareneeevarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine for the whole day. She met up with me at 11 and her partner with my DH around 11 and they stayed with us until midnight.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, well, my photographer is arriving 2 hours prior to the 11 am wedding, and will leave 3 hours into the reception. To be honest, though, I don't see the reception as lasting that long for us. 6 hours total time is all that I think would be needed, because after a certain point, wouldn't you just be watching the same stuff over and over as far as people eating and partying?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! In response to Barakins, that is true. But I want our photographer to be there when we leave and capture the getaway. I am sure they won't be consistently taking pictures for 5 hours.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards