Moms and Maids

The weather gods

Update on DDs reception:  The weather gods have decided to give Atlanta a break for a couple of days, so we got the side and front porch picked up and scrubbed off yesterday.  DH got the grass mowed, and we were able to tag-team the bathroom door sanding.  I found CIDER!  Bought several gallons for the signature spiced cider with rum.  (It was gone from Sam's and Wal-mart where I'd seen them a couple of weeks ago.) Unfortunately, it looks like there'll be more rain on Saturday.  Left to do: pick up veggies at the market tonight afterwork, as well as mums to decorate porches.  Paint the bathroom door.  Clean the back deck.Friday: Clean, roast turkeys and hams, decorate.  When flowers arrive, cut the stems and put them in water.   DH will smoke to Boston Butts for pulled pork. Saturday: flower arrangements (one sister) Put out food.  Cake arrives and is assembled by baker (my other sister).   Help DD get dressed.  
image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Re: The weather gods

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I am sending many good weather vibes your way.  sounds like you need a taste tester to help you too.  I am booking the flight now and will have the wine with me. It's all coming together now.  I am really hoping for perfect weather for you all.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you put the wine in your checked bag, because TSA will stop you if you have more than 3 oz.   And I need more like 300 oz.   Hurry up!  I need help cutting veggies!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    You two are so funny! Best of weather to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Wait wait wait!!!!!  I'm coming too.  I have an outfit and everything :)  I will light candles to the weather saints and wait breathlessly to hear how it goes!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Can we make it between the 3 of us with just the 12 bottles of wine I have? You know, we've never met, but if I were local, I'd love to come over and help.  You are such a great asset around here.  You give really friendly advice and you are so nice to everyone. I hope that karma comes back to you this weekend! Just brought DH home from the hospital.  His surgery went great.  I told him he gets a short nap and then he needs to finish that bathroom.  He brings out the soft side in me.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, he's been sitting on his Kiester for waaaaay too long.  Get him moving. Thanks for the kinds words.  I try to be nice, but you know, sometimes I just gotta come out with the throat punch.  :-P  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards