Missouri-St Louis
Options

Girly downtown manis/pedis?

I was hoping to find a cute, girly or trendy lunch spot in the downtown area, as well as a nice place for manis/pedis. The bulk of my wedding is taking place in the suburbs, but I'd love to show my out-of-town bridesmaids a bit of the city before the weekend begins.Thanks!

Re: Girly downtown manis/pedis?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay - here is my best attempt at suggestions: Restaurants that are downtown-ish and good for girls. Clayton: BARcelona - tapas, great wine and sangria - back patio if the weather is good. Pomme Cafe (not the restaurant) - great wine list, lunch salads, soups, etc, French food done well and simply prepared. Central West End: ~Scape - right on Maryland Plaza - lunch M-R, and Friday open at 5. Don't know what days you are looking to do lunch. Wildflower Cafe - good for more upscale American food, salads, pizettas, etc. Great patio with prime people watching. Herbie's Vintage 72 - the old Cafe Balaban - but with better food and a new interior. It is a few blocks north of Maryland Plaza, but worth the walk. Open for lunch every day of the week. Further Downtown: Vin de Set - French food, not stuffy. Great patio on the 4th floor that overlooks downtown. Close to Lafayette Square and downtown. Mani Pedi places: There are 2 I go to with my girls when we are in town together. 1 is L'Amour nails in Clayton. It is on Maryland Ave. in the same shopping center where Wild Oats used to be. They can accommodate a large group. The second place (and by far my favorite) is Philip Johnson Salon in the Central West End. They book up easily on Thurs/Fri/Sat - so call in advance. You get there, they pamper you with a bit of vino and a pretty salon, and you leave with cute nails to boot! Isabelle gives the best manicure in town. That is my 2 cents. : ) If it were up to me - I would do lunch at either BARcelona or somewhere in the CWE and then trot over to Philip Johnson to get a mani/pedi. Whatever you do you will have blast since you will be with your girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, stranger! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards