Not Engaged Yet

Random.

Since the whining for a ring girl is less than amusing.Question.Are you and your BF/FI/Husband same side sitters? When you go out to dinner you sit on the same side of the table?

Re: Random.

• MoiramabMoiramab member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I find this question oddly amusing, since I've thought on it a couple times myself, so I'll answer :)Usually my bf and I sit across from each other if it's just the two of us, and sometimes I'll move next to him after dinner if we're just talking. However, if we're with a group of friends, we'll sit next to each other.So.... majority of the time, yes, we're "side sitters" haha
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are side sitters. I think it's funny because it always confuses the waitress/waiter for a minute. tehe.
  • mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are side-sitters 99% of the time, even when it's just us. Makes it easier to eat his food, duh!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, no way. I like to look at him when I'm talking to him. To be honest, I find people sitting on the same side of the table to be a little weird. lol  I'm OCD enough that symmetry at a table is important. ;)
  • MoiramabMoiramab member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Minor Post Jacking:Dreaming, I *wish* my bf would dress up! I do every year but the most he's done is a nerdy shirt. Sigh. haha
  • lzimm13lzimm13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol this is amusing. We sit on the opposite sides of the table. Its just funny cause we used to work in a restaurant and we hated that! Well, i didn't mind it as long as the same siders didn't end up making out and dry humping in my booth! that or sitting there for 19 billion years!
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We pretty much always sit on the same side. To me, it feels weird if we don't(I have to be on the "inside") Unless we sit at a table where we have to sit across, thats when my BF chooses the side because he doesnt like having his back to people(it creeps him out or something.)Ya..we are both weird. But anyways. yes, we are same side sitters.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    Opposite sides if we're alone.  If there's more than just us, then we'll sit together.I waited tables all through college and I always thought the couples who sat next to each other when there was a perfectly good other side of the table to spread out and have room at were weird and overly dependant/clingy.  It just never made sense to me and always made me uncomfortable, like I was invading their special time together or something.So I would TRULY invade it and make them just as uncomfortable by sitting down on the other side of the table to take their orders.  ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Moiramab- He totally rocks. I was so shocked that he was into it that *I* almost proposed. hahahahaAcrosthec- Yes! I feel the same way. I waited tables and it always looked 'off' to me.
  • harbor_girlharbor_girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I waitressed at two different restaurants in college, and the waiters ALWAYS made fun of same siders. Ruthlessly. It was enough to make me swear I'd never be one.
  • edited December 2011
    Opposite sides when it's just us, same side if out with another couple. And I, too, am a waitress. However, my restaurant's waiting staff don't make fun of the same-side sitters. Maybe I could start a trend... :) Oh, and to whoever it is that has the pic of one kitten "eating" the other one: ROFL!! Love the lolcats!!
  • edited December 2011
    Across from each other if its just us.next to each other if its with other people. i am the on who faces a wall most of the time because i hate people who stare (we get a lot of that) and if i face people and they stare they either get "see food" or the finger. immature, yes but they stop staring.
  • harbor_girlharbor_girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should clarify - when I used to waitress, we only made fun of the same siders who were alone. two sets of same siders out to dinner together was totally acceptable.
  • edited December 2011
    If we're alone, generally we sit across from one another. Although we were at a restaurant the other night with round tables, and they had place settings only on the side with the bench, so we were side sitters. When we're out with friends, we sit side by side, always.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • edited December 2011
    There are a lot more side sitters than I thought there would be. BF and I usually always sit across from eachother. Always when it's just us.. and even most of the time when we are out with friends.
  • edited December 2011
    I am absolutely intrigued why people stare at Alisha, and I know good and well it's none of my business, but I am anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I would say, 99% of the time, if we're alone, we're opposite sitters. On a rare occasion, if I've had a spectacularly crappy day, or I don't feel well, I'll sit on his side and borrow his shoulder.If we're out with a group, we'll typically sit next to each other.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Opposite only when we're alone.I get to pick my side 1st every time though b/c I can't have my back to the door/people it makes me nervous.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You know it's an interesting question. I like to look at him when we talk but I love being sitting close to him on the same side as well. We usually eat dinner across from each other then side sit for desert.That or we save the side sitting for after dinner when we are in the car *grin*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards