Not Engaged Yet

Things going well, both more on the same page about marriage!

Hello - I posted a little while back about how long it was between when one of you was ready until the other was.  I love my SO, but it was a little unsettling to feel like I was ready to move forward and he wasn't.  Flash forward to a few days ago, and now he's basically thought about what he'd lose if he lost me and what he'd gain to keep me and get married, and his words were "I don't know what I thought the hard decision was", and is now talking about how he can't imagine anyone better for his life and to have a family with.While we're not technically engaged, I think that I feel good knowing that his mind is at ease with moving towards that and a committed future together and that he is looking forward to that with me now.We've been talking about logistics, hopes and dreams, expectations, and our abilities to deal with stress, etc. together, and how we are confident that we can deal with whatever life throws at us.  This is all I could have hoped for at this moment, and I feel very lucky to be with someone like him, and I know he also feels lucky to be with someone like me. :)

Re: Things going well, both more on the same page about marriage!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards