New Mexico
Options

Alteration Recommendations

Hi girls! I am buying my dress from David's Bridal in Santa Fe and I was wondering the best place to get alterations done. Has anyone else had their alterations done there? Or know of a better place where I should go? I'm currently living in Los Alamos, so I don't want to drive all the way to Albuquerque for each fitting. Somewhere near Santa Fe or Los Alamos would be better. Thanks for your help!

Re: Alteration Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you didn't want to drive to ABQ, but I had my wedding dress altered at "Tailorite Alterations". They did an amazing job. The alterations they made were exactly as I wanted it. What more can a girl ask for?
  • Options
    tengma07tengma07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I'm Abq also, but just in case it helps...I haven't needed alterations as yet, but a friend who just got married swears by her alterations lady. Apparently she got a quote from a speciliaist from where she purchased her dress and the starting price was something ridiculous like $800, where this other person only charged $100ish.The place is Chiyoko's Creations (at Laramie Square on San Mateo) and the number is 505.884.1075
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I got my dress from David's Bridal, but in El Paso as I live in Las Cruces. They told me their alterations cost between $50-$150 and that the work was guaranteed. I bought an Oleg Cassini gown  (style CE239) with the pick-ups and lace along the bottom. I was worried that they would have to cut off the lace and do a lot of alterations (because I'm on the short side). They assured me that their seamstress and tailors know how to work with the style of the dress and would not make any cuts to the dress.Ask your David's Bridal about the alteration policies. Good Luck!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards