Not Engaged Yet
Options

::Jeana::

Have you set a date yet?  What about bridesmaids?  Have you been learning calligraphy so you can DIY your invitations?  Have you made your playlist for the reception and then had several practice runs to make sure the mood progresses as people go through each course of your already-selected meal?Well......?
TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Re: ::Jeana::

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ......I tried on dresses one time...... and I have my shoes picked out! See?:)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh fun, I like them. I was joking about the dress based on your sig but now I feel behind as I haven't tried any on myself.  How did it go?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It went really well, I think I found the dress. But, I'm going to keep shopping because that's the logical thing to do. But I can't stop thinking about that dress, so I think that's the one. When my friend finally gets my pictures to me, I'll post it. The model pics don't do it justice, because I'm not a stick-skinny model, and that dress just begs to be filled in with big hips and a ghetto booty.And I got that! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Real women have curves.  :-) Well that's great you found something.  Other than the stalking a dress through the window I mentioned a few threads ago my dress search has been nonexistent.  I've started putting some $ away for it though and maybe I'll go in the next few weeks.

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's what I did: how much do you want to spend on a dress? Okay, now look online for dresses in that range. Okay, now print the pictures out, make an appointment at a bridal shop, go try on dresses in your price range.Bring someone with you to take pictures so you can look at them later.You don't have to be ready to buy-- trying on dresses is fun! And everything looked great on me, unlike regular shopping!The one I like best was an afterthought, it looks very plain on the model.... but i liked that it had straps, so I decided to put it on. Boy, was that a good idea! It looks so classy and hollywood. Not a single bead, either. I was surprised. I expected to want bling.http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=b55ac898-18fa-467f-8f36-1a945e143d20&categoryID=32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3&pg=0So, that is what I'm thinking. But, like I said, I'm going to shop more. Just in case.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  That would actually work for me too and my bust.  And not to ask a totally newb question but what website did you search on?  I've looked on a few designer sites but is there one site that pulls them all together that you like? I have a couple pictures stored of dresses I like that I would like to look up.

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and here's the pic of your dress since C&P'd the link for you:

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I have to just bite the bullet and do it but I just stepped up my fitness regimen (and by step up I mean started) last week so I want to wait a few weeks so I am feeling more confident before I go try on a million dresses.  I don't like trying stuff on, even when I was skinny.  My mom hated taking me shopping when I was a kid.

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Loooooooooooooooooove the dress...I'd turn green with envy if I wasn't so damn happy for you, lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone I show this to loves it, but when I first saw it I was like "meh." And I saw it on a hanger and I was like "meh." And then I saw it on me in the mirror and was like "Oh! Hey, sexy lady!"I am gonna make an appointment to see more dresses on Tuesday. maybe one of the little boutiques. I need to get some perspective. But I cannot freaking stop thinking that's it. I even DREAMED about it. Good, grief, I've gone wedding-crazy.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Jeana that dress looks fabulous on you!! And you look so happy too! If you order from Alfred Angelo I have a tip for you - ask them to make it 3 inches or so shorter if the sample is really long on you. I am 5'2" and the one I tried on in store was ridiculously long on me and my consultant suggested ordering it 3 inches shorter and with my 2 inch heels the length was perfect. I think it cost $50 or so to have them do it but it saved me the money I would have had to pay a seamstress to do it. (knotting from my phone this morning since I'm not quite ready to get up yet : )
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH wow you were right that it looks better on you.  You look amazing, yay.

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sapphire-- the lady said I could order a petite, since I am 5'3 and wearing flats. I think the size I tried on was just right, too. As you can see, the straps would need shortened but other than that it fit like a glove. A very sexy, classy glove. :)So, maybe I won't need much in the way of alterations. I hope not. I'm not made of money. :P
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now I want to try on the same dress and be a dirty dress stealer.  :-) So any plans for the weekend jeana?  Who is your team again?

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Team? Uhh.... who wears purple?I haven't had a team in ages. Heck, I go to LSU and live in the heart of crazy-football-country and I never know. I volunteer on saturdays and my shirt is purple and gold (because everything in Baton Rouge is) and last week someone in McDonald's asked me what time the game started, and I was like "What game? Oh, right. Shirt. This is my volunteer shirt, not an LSU shirt. Sorry!"My FFIL will probably try to convert me to football religion soon. He won't want his grandchildren raised in a football-less home, I'm sure.I'm not anti-football, really.... I just don't watch.So, plans for weekend are... *drumroll* Go see a possible ceremony/reception venue tomorrow and hopefully book an effing date!!!!http://www.carriagehouse-la.comTA-DA!!!!We're shooting for June, but are open to October as well. Everything in between is too hot.And then Sunday I will either go with FI and start a registry or go to a bridal expo in Lafayette. Not sure. Or, maybe we'll stay home and do laundry.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Damn you southerners and your beautiful venues! I love it.

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards