Flowers

Dendrobium Orchids for Boutonnieres

I met with my florist and we planned on dendrobium orchids for my Fi and the groomsmens' boutonnieres. The florist seemed to think they were a nice choice. A girl I talked to at work today said her sister had them and they didn't hold up well at all and that the petals were falling off before the guys even walked down the aisle. Has anyone else heard this?

Re: Dendrobium Orchids for Boutonnieres

• edited December 2011
    Dendrobiums are used all the time. Most florist recommend them because they do hold up well. Maybe they were not fresh? Ask your florist for one dendrobium flower and see how long it will last. They should not  start to fall apart before even walking down the isle. Sometimes flowers will start to fall apart when someone is doing a bunch of dancing but not before.
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the response! I feel much better about it now.
  • edited December 2011
    I just picked up some dendrobiums for a party I am giving on Sunday. They came into the shop old and fully blown. I will still be able to use them though. And I get them for cost so I can't complain. I think that is probably what happened to your friends flowers. A fresh dendrobium will not have  90% of the blooms fully blown. They should only have about 3/4 of the blooms open. The rest open in time.  
  • gakester8gakester8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ours held up well
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards