New Mexico
Options

Distance between venues

My fiance and I have decided to go with a church ceremony with the reception at Tanoan Country Club.  I'm set on having the ceremony at my church, but it is 12 miles away from Tanoan.  According to Yahoo Maps, about 20 minutes. I'm hoping to get some opinions on this.  Do you think this is too far for our guests to travel?  Thanks!

Re: Distance between venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    its not the closest but I dont think it will be an issue at all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not that far. Depending on the time of day, it may not even take that long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think 12 miles is all that much. For the wedding of a close friend/family member, I'm willing to travel a very long distance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I've only been to 1 wedding w/the ceremony and reception at the same place, so it wouldn't bother me.  We had our ceremony at Tanoan and the reception at the Hilton.
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    fayla79fayla79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IT seems reasonable. Plus, that part of town is laid out grid-style, so out of towners (if you have any) shouldn't get lost
  • Options
    tarcyrtarcyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to weddings that are 20 or 30 miles apart, I don't think 12 miles is that far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its not far at all! I've been to weddings where it was further! I think its a good distance! Mine are about 20 min apart too. I do have a question for everyone tho, my ceremony ends at 3 and the reception starts at 6. What do you think of that? Has anyone ever been to a wedding with that big of a gap?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Future Mrs. Bonnell,I was in a wedding that ended at 11:00 am and the reception didn't start until 6:00 pm.  This was too big of a gap, especially for the wedding party.  We had to travel to a park for pictures, then took an hour or two taking the pictures. Then we went to a friends' house for a pre-reception party with sandwhiches and fingerfood.  And then we had to get ready all over again.So...I don't think a 3 hour gap is too much! You'll have pictures to take, which could take 1-2 hours after the ceremony.  Then you and your guests will have another hour to freshen up for the party.  I think it will work out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your input!  We went ahead and booked Tanoan for the reception! Now all of the fun begins :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, thats what I figured. Thanx so much! It made me feel better about it! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards