African American Weddings
Options

Good Morning Queens!

Today's Message is Under Cover Lovers. I hope it speaks to you.

Love

Tasha

I'm sure when you saw the title of this entry your mind immediately went the "wrong way." However, I want to speak to the importance of spiritual intimacy in relationships. How sweet is it to be "under cover" by your mate? How wonderful is it to know that he/she is constantly praying for (or covering you?) 

I am of the opinion that spiritual intimacy is as important (if not more) as any physical intimacy that people in a relationship can share. Joseph Walker write a book entitled "Love & Intimacy: Five Ways to Get Together and Stay Together." In this book he breaks down the things that are important in order establish a healthy relationship and ultimately marriage. In the section called "Biblical Blueprint for Relationships" he says, "Too many people are getting into relationships with people who are not on their spiritual level." I couldn't agree with this any more! Knowing that I can spend time with God and my mate at the same time is a very wonderful feeling. It provides security. Being able to see him vulnerable with God provides peace in knowing that when he can't he knows someone who will and can. Knowing that he is mature enough to surrender to Him is comforting. Knowing that we can talk to God about each other while with each other is a form of lovemaking that can never be replaced with sex or a "worldly" attempt at satisfaction.  

While I understand that the Bible challenges us to spend personal time with God, I've always wondered why some men and women hold an affair like relationship with God. They give him traits that we would equate with a mistress. Whenever God calls they run off to a closet to talk to Him. If God does something amazing for them they don't share it with their mate. The great feelings that God plants in their spirit they keep to themselves. 

Matthew 18:20 says, "Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there." This also applies to relationships. Whether married or dating you are still children of God and as such when the two of you agree and pray together God begins to move in your lives collectively. We spend a lot of time planning dates, weddings, our lives, and so on with the one we love why not devote just as much energy to intimate time with God together? 

My challenge to those of you in relationships (married or otherwise) try this form of intimacy and enjoy being an "Under Cover" lover. 

Good Day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!

Re: Good Morning Queens!

• Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for another great morning message!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! That is an "on-time" Word!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for this one Tasha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for this beautiful message!! I love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you and its so right! My FI and I have to try harder.
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Very good point to make this morning.  Thank you.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a great reminder to be on the same level spiritually as your mate. One thing that lacked in my previous relationship was a spiritual connection. I would go to church he wouldn't. I felt terrible always being by myself when I had a "man".

FI and I love to read, pray, and fellowship. Even when I feel lazy he tells me to get up and lets go to church. God, I love that man! LOL!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful!  I am stealing this and sharing it on FB.  So many people I know need to hear this including me!  Love it thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome ladies!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to compile my daily devotions and print them... I have a ton of them and I never knew that they would speak to people the way they do. What do ya'll think?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So interesting to read this.  My FI was definitely on  a higher spiritual realm that I was when we met.  It took a lot of discussion, time, and me finding my own spiritual path to get to a point where we meet and connect.  Very nice message for today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. Keep them coming please.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards