Wedding Etiquette Forum

Favorite drinks poll

I'm going out to celebrate a friend's 21st tonight and realize I have no clue what to order from a bar (it's been a while). What are your favorite drinks to get from a bar?(Mixed drinks preferred over shots, I can't blow too much money)

Re: Favorite drinks poll

• I'm a total puss when it comes to liquor, so I order Malibu and pineapple.
  • Vodka tonic with lime.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • If I want a bottled drink, I'll usually see if they have Smirnoff Ice or Bacardi Silver or something because I don't like beer.  As far as a mixed drink, my favorite is a fuzzy navel.  Really, anything with fruit juice and alcohol will do.  :)
  • cranberry juice and peach schnapps.  Its delish!
    Photobucket
  • Ditto brie, thats what I was gonna say. I like it with tonic or just plain water. Ive started using less of the mix and more of the vodka to progress into a gimlet.
  • Cruzan & grapefruit juice
  • pineapple and malibucranberry, vodka, splash of spritepineapple, malibu, splash of cranberry
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bacardi rum & diet coke
  • I'm usually a beer wine person but I like Sprite and peach schnapps and malibu coconut rum and coke.
  • I drink beer (well, did) because I like it and because mixed drinks overwhelm me.  GL!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I actually hate the taste of most alcohols,  so I always order a Malibu Bay Breeze - coconut rum, pineapple, & cranberry juice. They are really good. You can't really taste the alcohol, but be careful because they have a tendency to catch up on you fast if you order a lot of them.  To make it cheaper, just get coconut rum with Sprite. If you want to try a shot, go for a Snow Cone (they are electric blue and taste just like they sound) or a Jolly Rancher (tastes just like an apple jolly rancher). They are not too expensive. If you like really sweet alcohols, my best friend used to swear by Blackberry something, I want to say rum but I'm drawing a blank. Someone might now what I am talking about though. She always mixed it with coke/pepsi and it was really good.
  • hurricanes are pretty good too.
    Photobucket
  • mojitos are my favorite.
  • Sucrets, My friend wants me pregnant so badly. When she invited me she was like "sooooo can you drink alcohol or are you knocked up already finally please please please"
  • Haha, katie!  When are you guys going to start trying?

• I have taken a liking to White Russians lately. I don't drink a lot of them because they are high in calories...but they are strong and only take a couple to start feeling good.
  • You can never go wrong with a margarita - on the rocks with a float of Chambord, so good! Washington Apples are good too. I really like vodka and cran with a splash of Rose's lime. Oh, there's so many... if you're a light weight, you can't wrong with sour apple martinis (probably a little passe though)...  
  • We haven't started trying trying yet, but I'm off bc so we're not actively preventing either. We'll probably start trying in January if it doesn't happen before then.
  • ::crossing my fingers for you katie:: Hope you get good news soon!
  • White wine mojitos cosmos Bloody Marys (I have never had a hangover from bloody marys, I think because of the tomato juice) I like margaritas, but they can be kind of rough if you have too many. Highballs (rum and coke, whiskey and 7-up....)
  • GL katie!  It seems a bunch of us P&Ers are fertile, so I'll have my fingers crossed for you, too!

• It's kinda weird feeling too. Not a year ago my parents would have freaked if I said I'm pregnant...now if I even joke about it they get this shiny look in their eyes and get all excited.
  • mags - really??  zomg!  Fertile thoughts to both of you!!

• mags - that's what I loved about charting - I knew exactly what was going on!

• Amaretto sour or vodka and cranberry. I don't like anything ridiculously sweet, though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Amaretto Sour is by far my favorite. Yummy!
  • charting discussion in a drinks thread... boooooooo.any fruity-flavored vodka (orange, raspberry, pear, etc) in tonic or sprite.  you can drink those all night.  my personal fave is vanilla vodka & diet coke.... just enough caffeine to keep me awake, but low cal and delish :)
  • I second (possibly third) cranberry juice and peach schnapps VERY sweet, but also very good...it helps too because you drink them slowly. Or maybe I am just a puss and have to drink them slow.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a non-drinker... so when I'm at bars, I tend to stick with the classic- Shirley Temple. Oh so cheesy, but I love it.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards