West Virginia

outdoor wedding Oct 2010....location, location, location!

Hey all...getting married Oct 2010 and the future hubs prefers to get married outside since thats where we prefer to spend most of our time. I would love location suggestions..I'm from Doddridge, he's from Tucker so anywhere at or between the two is great. The only thing is we'd like to find a place that does it all...a beautiful wedding site and reception area too....and it would be great if the location had their own caterer! Not asking much, I know! LOL! Thanks!

Re: outdoor wedding Oct 2010....location, location, location!

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I don't know if you are interested in Morgantown as a location, but I am having my wedding at Lakeview Resort. I am having the ceremony outside on the golf course and the reception in a ballroom that overlooks the lake! I had a tasting to pick my menu and the food is amazing! The Chef even came out and talked to me about it and offered suggestions! It's been such an awesome experience! Anyhow, not sure if you are interested, but wanted to share. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey thanks! I actuallly emailed Lakeview for more information...my wedding is going to be small, mainly just family and very close friends...so like 30 people tops and I wondered if Lakeview might be too big? Thanks for the suggestion!
  • edited December 2011
    What about a state park?  Blackwater Falls?  My dad is from Tucker County and we still have a mountain over there.  It is beautiful!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • edited December 2011
    Another location in Morgantown that I attended a reception at, but was thinking very seriously about for my outdoor wedding as well is Dorsey's Knob. They have a website that you can search. Its a beautiful location and they have been doing some serious upgrades since we were there over a year ago, so its probably even better than I remember. Cheryl
  • jessielea4211jessielea4211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Stonewall Jackson Resort in Roanoke? I know it's not exactly where you were looking...but it's beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to have my wedding at Stonewall but its very expensive as far as reception stuff is concerned!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, Stonewall is really expensive!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another really pretty place that time of year is Cooper's Rock.  They have several large pavilions and you may be able to find a caterer in the Cheat Lake area that would be willing to set up and all. Anywhere in that area would be great that time of year! Canaan Valley?  
  • whiterose04whiterose04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Clarksburg. I have been to and helped with a couple wedding at Valley Fall in Fairmont. It is really nice out there. Then there is North Bend Park going out toward Parkersburg I haven't been there for a while. It just depends on what time of year you are getting married in 2010.
  • jlayfieljlayfiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad is a state park superintendit so I've grown up around the wv state parks. Blackwater & Coopers rock would both have beautiful leave as a back drop. Pipestem is also another one that would be very pretty. They all have ball/conference rooms of different sizes and they would also cater for you. Prices would probably be pretty reasonable as well. Just a thought :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards