New Hampshire

Wedding Vendor Review 9/12/09

Wedding Vendor Review 9/12/09   Although our wedding ceremony was planned for outside and it poured all day—it still turned out to be a perfect wedding.   DJ – Get Down Tonight – Jimmi Carter – A+ Jimmi was awesome. We hired him without even meeting him, we went off a recommendation. We met with him once, a couple weeks before the wedding—he is totally easy going, very easy to talk to, and very accommodating. We were definitely on the same page about everything- and he made it perfect. I believe the music can make or break a party, and he made the party for sure. He was the perfect DJ for us, and I’m so glad we had him at our wedding.   Photographer – Dolce Photography – Christa Bosco – A+ Christa is actually a friend from college. As soon as we got engaged, I contacted her, I never even looked around for photographers. She had started her own business after college, and I had followed her blog, and her work is amazing. She brought 2 other photographers with her, and all of them were awesome. I know the pictures will come out great because she did our engagement pictures, and they were phenomenal. She’s very laid back and very open to suggestions, but at the same time has an eye for art that is amazing.   Cake – Piro’s Bakery, Methuen, MA – A+ Victor is the cake man at Piro’s. Although it is hard to catch him because he only works mornings, once we did meet with him, he was great. He had just put together a new book of cakes, and there were many great cakes to choose from. The price was by far the best around, and the cake tasted delicious…. All their stuff is delicious! We met once, then went in a week before to pay, and that was it! Very easy vendor.   Ceremony/Reception – Harris’ Pelham Inn – A+ Betsy, the woman in charge is an absolute sweetheart. I loved that it was a family owned business, as you get a personal feel all around. Betsy was extremely easy to work with, I never had a problem getting in contact with her, and she truly loves what she does. The night of our wedding, she was waiting tables alongside all the other employees. Their grounds are gorgeous, so our ceremony was planned for outside. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, and we had it indoors. This still made for a pretty wedding… they have a separate downstairs area that they use in case of weather. We got married right in front of a fireplace, and I didn’t feel like we missed out. For dinner we had a turkey dinner—it’s family style (all you can eat!) and everyone was raving about it. It was a great way to kick off the fall. The prices are very reasonable, and there are plenty of options. Betsy knew I didn’t have a card box or toast glasses, so she supplied them for us, she was just a great lady to work with.   JP – Steven Dembow – A+ We clicked with Steven the first time we met him. We had met with one other JP, but we just weren’t feeling a connection. Steven was very easy to talk to, he is hilarious, and he works hard to not only make the ceremony special for the couple, but to also make the couple feel comfortable with everything. I told him that I was scared to death of talking in front of people, so he customized the service so that I only had to say “I do”. We met with him twice. The second time was a few weeks before the wedding. He sat with us and talked with us about everything—how we met, our relationship, what we wanted in a service, what we didn’t, etc. He then sent us a draft of the ceremony for us to checkover before the wedding. We knew exactly what to expect, and that made it much easier for us. He told the guests our story and incorporated parts of us into every aspect of the service. I am very happy we found him.   Hair & Makeup – Carolina Velasco – A+ I can’t say enough about Carolina and her team. They had their work cut out for them as there were 11 of us getting hair and makeup done. She came with 4 other stylists, and they got right to work on prepping us, doing our updos, and applying our makeup. She had us all bring pictures of what we wanted, so it definitely made the process run smoother, and everyone was happy with their hair because they looked just like the pictures. The make up was airbrush—I had never seen that before but it was AMAZING. It feels like you have nothing on your face, but it stayed all night, and it is water and sweat proof. Her prices were very reasonable, and she is great. The day of the wedding I decided I wanted something different than what I had at my trial, I thought she would be mad, but she was great—she made me feel very at ease and my hair and makeup was exactly what I wanted. They were done when they said they would be and her whole team was so nice, and fun—the morning and afternoon of the wedding was very stress free!!!!   Hotel – Wyndham Hotel, Andover, MA – A+ Jodi was great to work with. The block rates were good, and it was easy for guests to make reservations. She sent us a link that brought guests directly to our block, and it was also easy to reserve by phone. She helped locate people that didn’t sign up via block, and put them with the party- and the hotel bags got to all the guests without a problem. WE had gotten food for the after party, and they kept it refrigerated for us until we got back. The hotel is gorgeous, and their were no complaints.   Flowers – McGilvary and Sons, Bedford, NH – A+John and Robyn were great to work with. Everything was just how I asked, and I was given a lot of options. Perfect!

Re: Wedding Vendor Review 9/12/09

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards