Flowers

Gerber Daisies

I am having a July wedding. I'm thinkng of doing gerber daisies in a light blue color to match the girls dresses. I was wondering what would be another flower to go along with the gerber daisies. I want something fairly simple. I'm thinking about giving the groomsmen a gerber daisy boutnaire to be a little different!

Re: Gerber Daisies

• Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't recall ever seeing any blue gerbers, in either real or silk flowers. Actually, blue flowers aren't all that common, except maybe hydraengeas. When using blue BM dresses, contrasting colors are usually used. Blue flowers against a blue dress will just blend in, not stand out at all. And if you use fake blue flowers, ..... well, it's just not a very good look. If you have your heart set on blue flowers, you might try the hydraenges, which can come in varying shades of light blue to a more medium blue. But when ordering colors, there is no guarantee you can get the right shade of blue. If you don't like hydraenges, or you have trouble finding blue flowers, then almost any other color will look nice against the light blue dresses. White, ivory, yellow, pink, peach, salmon, purple, etc....
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, you can look on the Knot inspiration photos for bouquet flowers. There's only about half a page under blue flowers, and pages and pages under other colors.
  • edited December 2011
    gerber daisies are my fav.. def hydrangea! hydrangea is very hearty and will survive the heat outside if you are having an ourdoor wedding. cream roses would be pretty too
  • WGachesWGaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Daisies don't come in blue. I wouldn't recommend hydrangeas (I'm getting my master's in horticulture, I know flowers) because they wilt so easily - especially in July heat. For blue, you can go with blue delphinium, statice, or irises. But I agree with pp - contrasting colors are going to pop more effectively. Shades of greens and pinks are good with blue...HTH!
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards