Kentucky
Options

Dress Help...

I'm in Lexington and spent time trying on dresses yesterday at David's Bridal and didn't find what I was looking for. Everything I wanted to try on was from the Fall 2009 book and they hadn't come in yet. Anyone have any suggestions as to other places to look for dresses? I'm planning trips to Louisville & Cincinnati so any suggestions, regardless of where they are located, would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Dress Help...

• Options
    KmettsKmetts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to go to The Bridal Suite of Louisville in your travels. They have some really beautiful gowns by designers that most stores locally dont carry. Mine is an Essense of Australia, but I also really liked the Blue by Enzoani line. I found them on the web, so I will pass their site along to you all. www.thebridalsuiteoflouisville.com Hope this is some help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Bridal Suite in Louisville, mention you heard about them on the knot. They were one of the first places I went and I had a fantastic experience with them. May have found my dress there, but I'm still looking around to be sure. But, I happened to mention I'd heard about them on the knot and they were so excited. They'd love to hear about more people hearing about them from here. But yes, great experience, very helpful. I went on a Saturday afternoon and had the place to myself.
  • Options
    stephy_pink83stephy_pink83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to all the stores up in the Cincinnati Bridal District (Bridal & Formal was mentioned here and is great!), but I found THE dress at Cincinnati Bride.  Sandra there was very helpful.  Then, since I'm from Lexington, I spoke to Dianne at Ruths and she said she'd match the price on the dress, and it's not even a designer they regularly carry.  They can order pretty much anything there.  Just shop around, and then try to bargain for the best deal.  Ruth's ended up getting my $700 dress for $580 that way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think where you go also depends on your size. I have been to ruth's bridal for other stuff and been pleased but when I went with my sister to look for bridal gowns and brides maids dresses I wasn't pleased at all with them.  Me and my sister are not small, but I didn't think that we would have trouble finding dresses to try on. They had like 3 or 4 dresses in my size and 0 in my sisters.  They told me they didn't carry any bridesmaids dresses over size 10 or 12 and we would just have to order without testing them first.  I was very disappointed. We left and went to davids. They had a huge selection
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards