Not Engaged Yet
Options

Sick of....

being sick... so i need some help from all you nice knotties with any medical sense at all.. Lol for the past two days my sinuses have been screwed up...like sinus headache, nose not really being stopped up but blocked but when i blow my nose....nothing but i can tell its there.. then my throat has been killing me since yesterday afternoon and its been itchy too... then last night i felt sick to my stomach and was hard for me to fall asleep...then i wake up this morning at 5:30 to come to work and i'm pretty sure i have a fever... i drove with the heat blasting and the windows half way down... still wasn't comfortable now i'm sitting here and my body hurts and i have 14 more hours to be in this house :( what do you guys think???? (please excuse the whinniness...i'm really tired too)

Re: Sick of....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Take some pseudoephedrine (sp?...Sudafed) and some Advil or Tylenol. Go to bed early tonight. If you still feel like crap tomorrow...call a doctor.There, that's my advice...keep in mind I'm a teacher, not a doctor!Feel better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some of those symptoms are clinical signs for influenza.  I would recommend getting checked out by the doctor since your body is fighting something and the doc can provide you some antiviral drugs (if it is the flu). If you have a mirror and flashlight you can also take a gander at the back of your throat to see if you have little white spots.  If you do, that is a sign of strep throat and the doctor can provide antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to the doc and soon.  Feel better!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. no white spots but i'm going tomorrow to see a dcotor...
  • Options
    mrosenbmrosenb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I had the flu in February and here's how my symptoms went. On Friday, my throat was sore and progressively got worse, I couldn't get warm enough Friday night, and I would shake from being cold then be so warm from having a fever. By Saturday, I was aching, fever of 102.1, and feeling horrible. I slept all day Saturday and finally went to the doctor on Sunday. If you do have the flu, the antiviral medicines will do best if they are in your system by at least 48 hours (the doctor told me this). So, you may want to go to the doctor today, perhaps an Urgent Care if you have one in your area. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i havent checked my temp all day.. but i sadly am working all day so there is no way i can leave i've already called some one to see if there could come in and nope theyre already working at another house.. it just sucks.. but hopefully i dont have the flu... we'll see tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with the doctor! It sounds to me a little like the flu, too. I hope you don't have the flu though. :( I've been sick with the same cold for about two weeks now, so I understand being sick of being sick. Feel better! JS
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think i have the same thing you do...same symptoms....i called off work today and am trying to get into the doctor's office.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the flu.  Hope the doctor gives you some good meds and you get better soon!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just got back from my appt with the doc, she claims it's just a sinus infection...i think she's an idiot....oh well, she gave me some drugs and told me to come back if they dont work...we shall see...hope you had better luck at ur appt than i did at mine...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies! Thanks so much for all the Get Well wishes... i feel alot better today and got some much needed rest... also i've been taking meds so i can feel that its almost going away YAY! Have a good day everyone!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds to me like all of this is more consistent with a bad cold or sinus infection, rather than the flu.  Sinus congestion is not a common symptom with the flu, and low-grade fevers can occur with colds and sinus infections.  So, even though I'm not a doctor, that one doctor's opinion doesn't sound that far off. I hope both you sickos in this thread are feeling better today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards