Texas-Houston

NWR - Christmas Party Help

So, our neighborhood is having a progressive Christmas party, where you go from house to house. You spend 30 minutes at each couple's home, and they serve you something to eat and drink. This year, each house has a state. Your food and drink are supposed to be from your state. What wonderful state did we pull out of the jar? Arkansas. I don't have anything against Arkansas, I just cannot come up with anything to serve! Any ideas? TIA

Re: NWR - Christmas Party Help

• edited December 2011
    i went and googled for you some ideas. I found this website where they have all the states food timeline history. here is the website http://www.foodtimeline.org/statefoods.html#arkansascheck it out...i hope this helps some.
    Photobucket imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    oh they also have some recipes as well from Arkansas.
  • edited December 2011
    Holly, you are too sweet! Thank you so much!
  • edited December 2011
    No problem at all. The Christmas party sounds like a blast. I hope my FI and I move into a neighborhood like that.  We live on the southeast side of Houston, so maybe we can find something like that. :)
  • txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have some aweosme neighbors! I have a bachelor on each side and they just have football and sports beer and grilling parties!
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • happydragonhappydragon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds like so much fun. i would hate to be the last house though...every one would be stuffed! ive heard of these parties and i remember being little and in better homes and gardens they had a cookie and recipe party like this that i thought sounded so exciting
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a recipe for a dip called "Arkansas Sin"http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Arkansas-Sin/Detail.aspxI would make something with ham or bacon in it, since they are home of the razorbacks, and their chant is "Pig Soooooey!"  Pork cutlets, BLT's, ham & cheese quiches...  Aggies play the razorbacks up in Dallas this weekend.  Hard for me to do, but I'll be rooting for the aggies. Although both teams absolutely hate my team with a passion. 
    imageimage
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cute idea for a party.  i think i'm gonna steal it :)
  • edited December 2011
    erin, thanks so much for the ideas and for rooting for my Aggies this weekend : ) We are so lucky.  Our neighbors are so great.  We live in Stone Gate on the NW side of town, and we are in one of the smaller starter home type of sections, so everyone is close to the same age - 25 - 35ish.  It's a really fun group and I can't wait until the Christmas party!  This is our first year to participate (FI lived there before I moved in but he wasn't very social).They said the last houses are the most fun because everyone has had a few drinks : )  Our house will be second, after AZ.
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fi said moonshine and fried porkskins
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards