Missouri-St Louis

Catering by Orlando Gardens

I am thinking of using Orlando Gardens as a caterer at a venue outside of their banquet facilities.  Has anyone had any experience with using them at an area venue?   

Re: Catering by Orlando Gardens

• edited December 2011
    I have heard good things.  Check out stlwed.com for vendor reviews from past/current brides.  It is very helpful!
  • girliebride09girliebride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've been to quite a few receptions there and the food was always goodso I imagine it would be if you used them at another venue as well.
  • Kelli JaegerKelli Jaeger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Orlando family hsa this down! I have been to receptions that did this and it was GREAT! We looked at doing this ourselves but it didn't fit in the budget. Make sure you get a detailed quote from them, as we were a bit surprised by how high it can get. They are great to work with though and true professionals! You will have no worries if you use them.
  • nikkchikknikkchikk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there in April and it was fantastic and beautiful! We worked with Jim, and he was GREAT! I was unsure about alot of things/options, and he walked me through the pros and cons of ALL of the them! The final results was fantastic. and wonderful!  Here are some pictures on my old wedding blog. http://www.weddingbycolor.com/nikkchikk/milestones/73384Hope this helps!-Nikki
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention..it was Orlando Gardens South county
  • CJSmiles2010CJSmiles2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am booking Orlando Gardens too. I am booking the David Hall. Jim has been great so far for us too. They even worked out a better price plan for us. My FI and I when to Andre's off Telegraph. We got a price quote for about $16.20 a head (wedding is on a friday, Sep 2010). This price included a cake and china services. But the rooms were dark and some of the wood working on the walls near the bartender area was missing. Looked like it was needing some updates. I also been to this Andres for a wedding before so it was ok food but not the greatest. So we looked at Orlandos in SO Co and i was so happy with the foyer. It was beautiful with the cute piano and coat check. Just elegant and extra zing to it. FI and i told them we were intested but we got a price quote from andre's with a better price then orlandos. They sent the price quote to Head Quartes to give a comparison and we got the hall for 12.50 a head plus tax/grat. for a 100 ppl it will be only just over $1500. Why less then what i budgeted for our reception/bar. My mom is getting us our cake from McArthurs so i didnt need to be provided that cake. It all worked out great.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the food at Orlandos was amazing. They have a food tasting 1 Thurday out of the month, $10 pp. I would reccommend doing that to get an idea of the food you want. We were in the Venus room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards