Texas-Austin

Question about City of Austin Lottery

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions on affordable venues! I'm really interested in the Zilker Clubhouse. I know you can get all your friends/family to send it a from for the lottery, but can I still send the check for the deposit from me? Anyone getting married there or gotten married there that can tell me a little bit about it? Thanks!

Re: Question about City of Austin Lottery

• edited December 2011
    and i notice on the request form it says one form per EVENT per SITE is accepted...so how do you get around that? just have each friend say it's for their wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, just tell your friends not to give away that they're helping you have a better chance of getting the venue. As for the check issue, I don't know.. but people other than the bride/groom pay for vendors all the time, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    so, should i put a different events (birthday, family reunion, retirement party, etc)? will they care? won't they find out eventually that i'm having a wedding there?? hmm...and i guess i should have family reserve since they all have the same last name?
  • audmaataudmaat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they care - everyone has all their friends and family send in a request.  Also, we put in a request and got a date in dec. with no problem (months like june might be harder!).  We didn't have friends or family put in a request, either.  Zilker didn't contact us, though...we eventually just called.  We got our date, and there were several others open.  If you're a little flexible on the date it should work out fine.  The outside of Zilker Clubhouse is really beautiful.  The inside, however, smelled like pee and looked kinda cruddy when we went - FYI.  I'm sure a few friends and spray bottles of bleach water could take care of it.  I have a friend getting married there in Oct and they're renting extra bathrooms so guests don't have to go inside. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the information. we're going to look at it this week, so i'll check the inside of the clubhouse and see what can be done. we'd probably mostly stay outside anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards