Texas-Houston

Finding your dress

Just wondering, did you cry when you put on the dress you purchased? Are you normally a crier?

Re: Finding your dress

• edited December 2011
    no - and no. the only time i cried during the whole wedding thing was right before walking out the doors to step out for the ceremony
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt cry when I bought my dress. I am normally a crier, but on the wedding day I only cried 2 times during my tea ceremony. Not once at church. I asked bc I'm watching "Say yes to the Dress" and all these girls start crying when they buy their dress. Just wondering if I was missing something. hahaha
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope and nope.
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    nope didn't cry, I kind of got emotional when I put my moms veil on with the dress but no tears, my sis and mom cried, mainly I think my sis cried because she was pregnant lolI cried a little before I walked down the aisle, and almost again at the alter bc Brad was crying (and you can totally see me on the DVD biting the inside of my mouth to try and stop getting teary lol) , oh and I cried at the rehearsal, again bc B made a speech and he cried
  • edited December 2011
    no and no. I teared up at the thought of looking for dresses but got over it in the process of shopping.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it was harder for me when we were leaving to go to the rehersal and my parents suggested I wear my Nana's mink coat over to the rehersal and that she would have loved that. She is no longer alive. I actually faked that  I had to use the restroom before walking out the door to leave as an excuse to get out of the room because I couldn't hold back the tears. No one knew since I don't like crying about sentimental stuff in front of ppl. lol
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no, i didnt cry (shocker) when i tried it on and purchased it.  i did cry this past weekend when i picked it up and tried it on with my veil.
  • edited December 2011
    I got a little teary eyed when I tried mine on with the vail. I am pretty emotional these days. The FI was also deployed and it was Thanksgiving so who knows.
  • TaylorCristenTaylorCristen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no and yes...im an emotional baby...i tear up at everything.
    BFP 3.28.12
    missed m/c @ 9w5d, baby measured 8w1d, no h/b
    D&C 5.23.12
    heartbroken
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My eyes watered up a little bit, but only because my sister in law got emotional.At the wedding though I was just an emotional wreck. I cried like a baby down the aisle and during the father daughter dance. Because I knew how much my actual dad would wanted to be there to actually walk me down the aisle and dance with me. :-(
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    no .. but i am typically a crier. i dont get all these girls who cry on 'say yes to the dress' either. but then again, maybe i would cry too if i was spending as much as 10k on my dress.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and by crying i mean watery eyes, not boo-hooing. lol
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going dress shopping next week... I was watchi SYTTD also... I wondered the same thing. I guess we'll see.
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    hoops so by boo hooing you mean like Jo right lol = )
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I didn't cry when I tried on the dress.  My dad was there though and he got teary eyed (as well as my mom).  I'm normally a crier.  I cry at the oddest stuff though, like a puppy on TV.  Lame I know. 
  • edited December 2011
    Dang - i noticed that too watching that show and i was thinking - I wonder if that's where Dang got this. haha!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shelly.....I cry watching commercials.  hahaha.mdnite...yeap it was a real life situation and I wasnt fishing for compliments :P haha I kid.
  • edited December 2011
    No I didn't cry trying it on but my sister did. I had to hold back tears when I was walking down the aisle but I did when we where saying I do. I am a crier though. I can't see other people cry b/c it makes me cry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    no, i just took a big sigh and got a little choked up, yes i usually am a big boo-hooer, lol
  • edited December 2011
    I am a crier, and I thought for sure I would cry when I found my dress. But I was so tired by then..it was one of the last ones I tried on...lol.
  • mrunner2009mrunner2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bawled like a little baby when i tried on 'my dress.'But, it was a dress I had found on the internet at least a year before that I would go back and look at every now and then and FMIL and I would look at.  Then, I went to the store with a friend a few months before my weding and they had it in a sample so I got to look at it and touch it, but I wouldnt try it on so I wouldnt jinx myself.I think all the build up I made for it contributed to the bawling.I also plan on bawling during the ceremony too, because i just cant help it.  I hate crying because i cant stop when i get started!
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha...I cry over the sweetest things! So when I tried on a dress for the first time--I started to cry..only a few tears.  50-70 dresses later I put on mine and was like oooo...then I put another one on and hated it and put my oooo back on and started crying!
  • txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cried when we were on tour at venue that we chose. I just had visons going through my head and it was so beautiful.
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, like jo :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I am not a crier and I did not cry when I found my dress or at any of the fittings which I found more emotional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards