Second Weddings
Options

Attire colors for the guys??

Ok so I'm having a small informal, afternoon wedding. I'm wearing a red cocktail length dress and my daughter (who is my MOH) is wearing a red and white cocktail length dress. I was thinking of putting the BM (my to-be-stepson) and my son (who is giving me away), in khaki's and a white button down shirt with a red boutonniere, maybe a red or chocolate brown tie.My colors are chocolate brown, mocha, cream and red.So I'm not sure what my groom should wear, I ask him and I get the standard, "whatever you think looks best". He has a really nice khaki colored suit but we're in GA and it can still be kinda warm here on a November afternoon so he didn't seem really excited when I mentioned that. But I don't really want him and the boys to wear the same thing.Any suggestions??

Re: Attire colors for the guys??

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in GA, too.  How about black linen pants and white shirts, black white and red ties? It would be cool, but the colors would be nice with your dress.  Also, depending on if it's a blue red or an orange red you might be able to wear brown.  The khaki might be OK, but it depends on what shade of red you're wearing and what shade of khaki the suit is (is it more olive, or more tan, or more beige?).  There used to be a rule that accompanied the "don't wear white shoes after labor day" for men.  "Don't wear light colored pants between labor day and memorial day."  So it depends on if you want to follow those rules or not.  I'm thinking no, based on the red dress.  (Awesome choice, BTW.  There's a group of pictures of red dressed brides on offbeatbride.com :-) 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    heddabheddab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is cherry red (if your gonna do it, do it right). I had thought about black pants, a black shirt and a red tie for my FI. Not sure though, is that too "dark" for an afternoon wedding?He bought his suit for his sister's wedding in May 2 years ago, so to me it looks more like a spring/summer suit. This wedding has gone from a very casual wedding on the beach to a more traditional wedding close to home, due to his mom going through cancer treatments and being unable to travel. So my original plan for my guys was shorts, buttton down shirts and flops! Now I'm kinda scrambling to figure out a plan b on their clothes.
  • Options
    heddabheddab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ~RetreadBride~I wish it were up to the groom...his response is always "whatever you think looks best." He says that it's not that he doesn't care it's just he wouldn't know what would look best. He would come in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. His BM is his 5 year old son, so he doesn't have an opinion either.
  • Options
    heddabheddab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about the different colored ties. I'll try to convince him to try on some different things. I'm not sure he would look "good" in the all black.I'm having a hard time getting him to go and get sized for his ring. Shopping is definitely not his thing, so it'll be fun to see his face when I suggest a day of trying on clothes for me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards