Wedding Party
Options

Retread and all the WP ladies - I'm back!

Hi everyone!DH and I arrived home last night after BIL and (NOW) SIL's wedding.  We had a great time.  DH was a wonderful co-BM, I loved being a BM, and the couple were fantastic.DH and I are slowly settling back to our routine and the bride and groom are now on their FABULOUS honeymoon!Retread, thank you for being the watchdog while I was gone! How were the last five days for everyone?

Re: Retread and all the WP ladies - I'm back!

• Options
    Welcome back. Did you have fun at the family wedding? What great or awful thing was noteworthy from that wedding?
  • Options
    Hooray! Banana has returned to help Retread keep order amongst the BSCs on this board! Details of the wedding, please.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    The wedding was FANTASTIC!  I just adore my now SIL.  She's lovely and we've become great friends throughout her courtship with BIL.Most noteworthy aspect to the day involving the planning: DH and BIL's great grandfather is an artist and he was one of the founding members of the art institute where the reception was held.   Some of his art was on display for the reception which was really heart warming.  It was a very nice way of bonding the groom's family to the destination.Most amusing statement: MIL told BIL the day after the wedding that she was thinking of making a visit to the newlyweds (just her) to see them once they returned from their honeymoon!  NOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Also, when you make things optional, I think you get a more warming response from your BMs who may want to participate.We paid for manis and pedis the day before and for our hair and makeup on the day of.  All of those were optional things to do and we enjoyed all of it because the bride was lovely and low pressure.  She didn't care WHAT we did or IF we did those things...and that made doing those things all that more enjoyable FOR us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards