Flowers

Yellow and Teal

I'm getting married in June and my colors are yellow and teal. What kinds of flowers could I use? Also, I'm allergic to sunflowers so those are out :)Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Re: Yellow and Teal

• edited December 2011
    Yellow is very easy to come by thankfully. Have you looked into yellow roses? There's also tulips, if you can find them, I'm not sure of their seasons. Chrysanthemums, daisies, and alstroemeria(they kind of look like lilies but smaller) all come in yellow. They are also very common. You can also search the web for more or ask a florist, if you haven't already. Teal will be hard to match, but there are other blue flowers that could work. Sweetpea, bachelor's button, hydrangea, and morning glories are some. Again, look some up online if you don't like these choices. Hope it was helpful! Good luck!
  • lizza66lizza66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe wrap the stems in a teal ribbon?
  • alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yellow is a very easy color to get, you have tons of choices, as for blue flowers mother nature just does not produce teal flowers, you can always tint them but will not be natural. you may get blue flowers but they will never match. I suggest you use teal color in fabrics such as dresses or tablecloths or ribbons  and accent or match with natural flowers. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions! I think I will go with yellow flowers wrapped in teal ribbon, I really like that idea.
  • edited December 2011
    Check this link out: http://www.abbyjiu.com/blog/2009/09/allissa-and-bryants-wedding-at-linganore-winery-part-ii/ As a substitute for sunflowers, you could use black eyed susans, for a sort of similar color/effect.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards