February 2010 Weddings

Whent to send invitations

Hello Ladies!  I'm new to this board!  My wedding is 02.12.10 and since our weddings are going to be close to the holidays, when are you planning on sending  out your invitations?  I don't want to send them out too close to Christmas and have them get lost in the Christmas cards or too close to the wedding and not have time to get all the RSVPs.  What are you planning on doing?

Re: Whent to send invitations

• We are mailing the Monday after Thanksgiving for our 2/14 wedding. I want them to hit the postal system and also the guests' homes before holiday cards.
  • I think I'm going to send mine out toward the end of Dec./early Jan.  I think most Christmas cards will be sent by then.  I put Jan. 30th for the RSVP reply date for our wedding on Feb. 20th.  I wanted to make sure to get them back in plenty of time since my FI & I live in MA & the wedding is in FL.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Wow thanks Suz0989 for this post! I never thought about the wedding invitations getting mixed in with Christmas cards! BostonBride - I like your idea about sending them right after Thanksgiving. I'm getting married on 2-6-10 :)
  • I think we are going to send ours out Dec. 1, or somewhere in that range! Maybe we might even send them out in late November. I'm not really sure yet, but I definitely don't want my invites getting lost in all the Christmas cards!
  • so helpful! i think we'll go with a mail date of 12/1/09... thanks suz!
  • Maybe Im being too early but I was thinking sending mine 11/1 on the knot they say to send out 3-4months in advance, Jan seems quite late or is that just me? Im 2/27/10
  • I am getting married 2/27 and mailing them out right after Christmas
  • We are sending our invites out on 12/28 for our 2/20 wedding. Our reply by date is 1/22 giving us lots of time to organize the seating chart.
  • Hi Suz! You are my date twin!!!! I am sending mine out early November and have and rsvp date of december 15th. I am doing a B list and plan to hand the second ones after the holidays with RSVP of January 12 or something like that. What do you guys think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards