Texas-Houston

Sad news...(mostly nwr)

My grandfather passed away last Tuesday evening. His funeral was yesterday (Monday). He will be buried in the Houston National Cemetary. We had lots of friends and family come in and out of town so my grandma has had a full house for the past couple of weeks. We're worried about what will happen once the last of the family leaves. We've got our work cut out for us as far as keeping her busy.As for wedding stuff *sigh*....I haven't done a thing for at least a month. I have no invites yet, no cake booked, no DJ, no flowers and I'm almost 6 months away. To top it off my diet has gone kablooey and I've not lost a single pound. I'm hoping we can start the planning process again soon.I'm really sad that he won't be there for the wedding, but I have picked out the memorial piece for him. I think it will look really nice.

Re: Sad news...(mostly nwr)

• edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. And don't stress on the wedding planning.  It will come together.
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear.  I was thinking about you over the weekend.  Hugs to all of you.  At least your grandfather is in a better place now, and not suffering.I will pray for your grandmother to stay strong.  Please let me know if you need anything!
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear that.  I can relate with the grandmother situation.  It's been 5 years for my grandmother and she is still always lonley.  All you can do is be there for her. Keep your head up, I'm sure the memorial at the wedding will be very nice. 
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear thatdon't stress, your wedding will come together beautifully, it will all work out!
  • edited December 2011
    My condolences to you and the family, Don't get discouraged about your wedding or your diet, i am sure Your wedding will come together and you'll be back on track before you know it, don't stress I am sure that's the last thing your grandmother wants you to do.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It is definitely a sad time in ones life when this happens and even as the years go by you will still remember him. I encourage you to stay positive about your wedding. You have plenty of time to get all of your last details planned. Best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I know it's hard. Your wedding will be so beautiful - don't worry about all the little things.  And, you will be so blissfully happy that a couple of lbs won't make the day any less amazing. Hang in there : )
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one. The wedding stuff will happen. Just take care of yourself. :-)
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my condolences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards