Texas-Austin

The Glass Fountain/Matty Cakes

Hello all! I've mentioned before that I'm planning our wedding from upstate NY. There were a few posts in the past that raved about The Glass Fountain, so I got into contact with Rebekah about doing the flowers for the wedding. She gave me an AMAZING quote, and I looked through her website online, everything looks great. She seems really wonderful so far. I guess I'm just nervous to book it without meeting her in person... so next best thing, I wanted to ask about everyone's experiences with her (if you booked her, or even thought about using the glass fountain), and whether you would recommend her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm also looking into Matty Cakes for the wedding cake. Has anyone worked with them? Thanks!
planning bio
"My favorite color is fluorescent beige."

Re: The Glass Fountain/Matty Cakes

• edited December 2011
    Rebekah is so great! The obvious is her prices- I was SHOCKED when I got her quote... It was $500 less than the other lowest quote I got, no joke. Besides that she really is great to work with. She has been really accommodating to my ever-changing ideas/vision and has offered up so many great ideas that I would've never thought of. She didn't respond to an email for 4 days (which I didn't find particularly alarming), but when she did respond come to find out she had her baby. I was again shocked by her professionalism in responding to emails and still communicating with clients just 2 days after giving birth, haha. My wedding is still months away but I am definitely pleased with my decision to use her.
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rebekah was one of my favorite vendors!!  I changed my order at least twice after I had already given her my "final" order.  She was extremely accommodating for everything and of course her quote was amazing.  Full review in bio.  I HIGHLY recommend her.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • hollyshea1107hollyshea1107 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I walked in to The Glass Fountain with a color scheme and a container for centerpieces.  Other than that, I had no idea what I wanted.  Rebekah knew just the right questions to ask to get a feel for what we did/did not like and came up with flowers that are more beautiful and creative than I ever could have thought up by myself.  Our wedding is in two weeks and I am so excited to see it all put together. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about booking her but ending up finding someone else. She definetly gives wonderful quotes and amazing prices for a bride on a budget. She was very easy to get in contact with as well.  I would highly recommend her. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using both vendors! So far I've been extremely pleased with both.Of course, Rebekah's prices are fabulous. It's been very easy to talk to her. She's been flexible and patient with my questions and emails, and has been very accommodating with any changes we've needed.I tasted about every single cake at the bridal show and loved Matty's the best. I still arranged meetings with my second and third choices, just in case, and was not happy with some of the interactions. Their quotes were also higher. We had a great meeting with Matty, I loved his ideas and suggestions, and of course the cake was so good. We'll see him again in a couple of weeks for a final meeting, and I'm just excited to see him again.I'd definitely recommend both of them!
  • edited December 2011
    Matty is awesome... his cakes are always beautiful and delicious. Plus Matty himself is a really fun guy.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Definitely go with Rebekah! Vendor review in my bio. Also you can click my siggy pic to see pro pics, tons of photos of her gorgeous flowers. Gorgeous even in 100 degree heat. She rocks.
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Rebekah!
  • GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Rebekah without meeting her yet, because of all the great reviews she got here on theKnot. I was VERY pleased with everything when I finally went to Austin to talk to her in person about design ideas. She answers emails and phone calls in a timely manner and she is very professional. As far as Matty cakes goes, I called them once for the first time and I left a message and they didnt get back to me until a few weeks later. I had gotten responses from other Cake bakers already so I decided to go with Michelle's Patisserie.
  • meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I'll be the millionth to chime in on Rebekah. She's been really wonderful to work with. My wedding is in 2 weeks and she's been really great at dealing with my last minute changes to the centerpieces.  She was 400 cheaper than the other florist I met with, and she didn't try to talk me into using flowers I didn't want, unlike the other florist.  I'll definitely put up a proper review after the wedding, but I'm confident based on my experiences with her, and all the other reviews, that the flowers will turn out as great as promised.
  • edited December 2011
    So I guess I'm kind of late... But I too am using both vendors and we both are getting married at VV! :) I absolutely love Rebekah she has really great ideas and always has awesome recomendations when I bring ideas to her! :)As far as Matty the cake tasting was awesome! I also gave him a picture of the cake I wanted and he said he had never done it before but was excited to do it! Both the vendors have done weddings at VV and I think that is a definite plus! Good Luck!
  • khaverlandkhaverland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just met with her last week to give her our final deposit on our wedding. She was super organized despite the fact that she had a BABY a week beforehand! I know they just purchased a new place for their business so if the place looks a little 'not put together' - i'd chalk it up to those two things.   She gave us not only an awesome quote but put up with my emailing her various pictures entitled "like this" and "not like this" to try to describe the size of center pieces I wanted :)   I'd highly recommend what I've seen so far but I'll let you know more after the wedding in TWO WEEKS! Yikes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards