Delaware

Our new place :) (long, sorry!)

We moved on Saturday, and I have to say, we are sooo happy we decided to go with this place.  It's so much better than where we were.  Everything about it- the complex feels more like a neighborhood- children playing, no one living above or below us, and we even have a little garden area outside our front door where I can plant anything I want :)It's a townhome, which means it's a small version of a townhouse.  The living room, dining room, kitchen and washer/dryer are downstairs.  The bathroom, bedroom, and the den area are upstairs.  It's been kept up by the owners (things like the windows don't leak air and actually open, unlike at our previous place where the windows were the original 30 year old windows).  The den area is attached to the bedroom, and would make a great nursery, guest, or office area (we plan on using it as a guest/office area).  The bedroom is a good size (14x14), and the ceilings are high ceilings, so the entire place feels bigger than it is.  Plus, the closet space in it is amazing!It's over 100 sq ft bigger than our old place, and because it uses the space more efficiently, we probably have about 200 sq ft that we didn't have before.  The best part?  When we looked into moving here, they weren't running any specials, so it was quite a bit more than our old place, but we were going to try to swing it.  But when Brian signed the lease on Saturday, they had just started running a special we didn't know about, and we signed for only $45 more than our old place.  We are just so happy.  I know several of you have followed our story of trying to buy a house, losing the house, losing another house, losing the funding...it was neverending.  I just wanted to give everyone an update that is a happy one.  We are thinking about staying here for 2 years instead of 1 and saving up a little longer for a house, that's how much we like it :)Thanks girls, for being so supportive during all of this.  You all are awesome :)  And everything finally worked out!!!!!

Re: Our new place :) (long, sorry!)

• lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad to see you and Brian are happy with your new townhome.  I'm happy it all worked out for you and you got a deal too!
  • kasey12kasey12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow- you learn something new everyday- I never knew there was a difference between a townhome and a townhouse! Congratulations on the new place!!! I'm glad to hear that everything is working out for the better :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Brit!  Im glad you love your new place :)  Awesome deal too!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to you and Brian :)  When God closes a door, He always opens a window!
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Brittany - Congrats on the new place! We are doing the same thing as you guys...we are paying for the wedding ourselves, and even though the market is great for buying a house, there's just no way to do both things within the same year. I'm sure you guys will be able to buy the house of your dreams (think: even better than the house you just moved into) once you save up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards