Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Freaking out

Ok I am 39 days away now and there is still sooooo  much to do! And I know all you ladies say the last 30 fly by and I am really freaking out because of that! I have so much to do and I can't remember anything! I feel like I am forgetting a ton of things big and small and I was wondering if any of you had your lists for when you were this close on your computers and could email them to me at tinks81 at aol dot com. I am hoping once I see your lists then maybe I am alright and not wayyyyyyy behind like I think I am!TIA! I just needed to vent!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Freaking out

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You'll be fine!! I just looked at my list and it had 68 items on it when I was about 5-6 weeks out, it was crazy long and it made me laugh just now! Each week I think I "cut" a few unnecessary items off.  But I am a born procrastinator, always have been, I actually did my last DIY item (my bar menu chalkboard) on the morning of...but that actually helped keep my mind off of things and keep me busy while waiting for the BP party to show up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My advice is first have a glass of wine.  Works every time ;)  Take a night off from wedding planning and you and your fi should enjoy some quality time together.  Remember why you're doing this all in the first place.Second, don't add more projects to your list.  My husband had to cut me off a week before the wedding because I kept adding more and more projects.  If something doesn't get done no one but you will notice, trust me.  So maybe organize your list by priority, so if the lowest priority things don't get done it's no big deal.  And then drink more wine.
    Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Joanis.  Being 11 days out...we just stopped doing things.  There are still things that HAVE to be done, but if we haven't started it or it's not manditory, it's not getting done.  It's definitely helped me relax and enjoy counting down the days without stressing of every detail.  Prioritize and lists and wine.  That seems to be the mantra of the board...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I surprisingly haven't had any wine.  Although I probably should have had some before now!Agreed with pp about prioritizing.  For example, I have programs from Michaels I bought back in February that haven't been printed up yet.  If I don't get to it this weekend (which is also my Bachelorette party weekend) then there just won't be programs..and oh well!  As for the stuff that *has* to get done, just put it on your to do list and power through it!  That's what I've been doing this week..so far so good!Hang in there!  You'll be just fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards