Not Engaged Yet
Options

So Norway's back...

I'm back. I've been busy in my new job as the director of our South Africa programme. I had a wonderful work trip to South Africa where I took a week off and my boyfriend and I traveled around the country.I tried on rings with him down there and I fell in love with this one: (lets hope it posts)[*img]http://tinyurl.com/ring-oslo[*img]I am leaning on getting an Infinity diamond and having Union Diamond make my ring.Other than that life is good. My boyfriend has only found part time work for the time being, but I am at least working full time.  He is doing his best to find something full time.WE are both looking at going to school next year, Architecture for him Law for me.  I am not looking forward to being poor students again.  My job asked me yesterday if I would consider deferring to stay and work another year (if funding came through for a project).  Now it is uncertain whether it will come through, but I am torn. We would both LOVE to stay another year in Norway and save money by working another year, but if we are to go back to school, we don't want to delay it too long. I am 26 he is 27.  A last bit of news. I have a new cat, she adopted us.... she was lost and decided to start living in our apartment (we have a cat door). We have posted signs, but no one ever claimed her. Our first cat was away at the time, staying with the parent in laws since we had been in South Africa.Now we are trying to introduce the cats... it is not easy. Our first cat has gotten over the fact that another cat is living in the apartment, but since he is double her size, he bullys her, takes her food, and chases her under the bed. Luckily though, he has not hurt her or attacked her in anyway.

Re: So Norway's back...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. I failed at posting the image but you can copy the URL and go to the site to see it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty ring.  I really like it![img]http://i35.tinypic.com/21jvfxf.jpg[/img]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you found something you liked.  In the future, here is the code for posting images: [*\img]yourtinyurlhere.com[\img] Take OUT the star, and make sure the tiny url isn't bolded.  It should work then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And there shouldn't be a weird P> after the code.  I don't know why that showed up in my post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello pretty ring and exciting job news.  BTW your job sounds pretty cool.  Are you sure you want to go to law school?  Be REALLY sure before you make up the decision to go back to school especially if that means taking out lots of loans.  I have a feeling you like the finer things in life and the law school life might make that a little hard.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    DanserinnenDanserinnen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do understand the downsides to law school, but unfortunately in the development field, jobs are also temporary based on funding for future projects... and my current job is not secure past June.  I could also go into human rights research, but then I would have to get my PHD, something I do NOT want to do, yet anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is that a new SN or is someone else talking now?  Anyway I went to law school so I can understand wanting to go and luckily I got some $ for doing well while I was there (not enough but I'll take it!) but it was a long stressful expensive three years.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was using a computer at the library looks like someone forgot to log out, I posted under another screen name by mistake opps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I am definitely not looking forward to the stress of law school. I would much prefer to focus on a family life and have kids here in Norway...but too bad my career isn't secure enough to do so. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards