Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

~Kim~

When I was down there two weeks ago, I felt the exact same way, even though I've been gone for 9.5 years now (gasp!). To make matters worse, I had to walk in the middle of them from the moment I got off the Amtrak train until I got to the metro station to be able to buy my ticket - at which time they couldn't figure that one out either! I also have to admit getting annoyed with DH when we visit because he isn't that familiar with everything either. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Re: ~Kim~

• edited December 2011
    Lol, I'm glad others can relate. :-) I know I have only been living here for a little over a year now, so I am by no means an expert depending on the area, but I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in metro etiquette and with the places I do go to. My station normally isn't crowded with tourists since it's the end of the line, but this morning there were like 20 of them, all older people moving slowly. And to make matters worse, the escalator wasn't working, so they were walking up that slowly, as well as the steps. Grrr....why at 8AM in the middle of rush hour, why?? The metro was there, doors open, and they just stood around, I guess maybe waiting for one less crowded they could all get on. GL with that.That got kinda long...thanks for understanding though!
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tourist season should be over!  Go home! 
  • edited December 2011
    Tourist season should be over! Go home! Amen! Though I think they like the fall b/c it's not hot and humid like in the middle of summer. Wait a sec KR, did they unblock the knut for you?
  • edited December 2011
    KR - tourist season NEVER ends in DC. Once you get past the height of the summer you start getting school groups coming through. Here in Philly it's the drivers that annoy me. When you get over near the Independence Mall area you can tell them very quickly. They are the people that stop dead in the middle of Chestnut Street to gaze lovingly at the Liberty Bell while they point it out to the kids in the back seat. But, they never realize that they are holding up traffic on Chestnut AND effectively blocking traffic flow on 6th.
  • edited December 2011
    Nevermind, just read the "dear" post. :-) Good news!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, I feel your pain.  At least the terrible blizzardy weather scares all the tourists away during the winter here ;)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep - hope it stays that way!  :)Oh, the school groups...very true.  At least there are fewer of them on the metros! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards