Wedding Woes
Options

My day so far (a big whine, basically)

Woke up late, left a little late. Got to see my little man for about 10 minutes before we all left the house. (DH is doing the daycare runs today, which means I have his car, which I HATE driving.)I arrived at work a few minutes late for my 8:30 interview - for a person who will be taking my job for ~16 weeks while I am on maternity leave.  I'm more than a little concerned that they will realize they can probably find someone they can pay less and who will fit in better with this crowd.  Had another interview at 9:30 for the same position. Left here a little later than I should have and got to the OB's ~ 10 minutes late. Not a huge deal, but I was all paranoid that they'd be "Sorry, we had to cancel your appointment" on me.Appointment went fine (DB2 is still doing great). But I found out the c/s is scheduled for 9:15 AM on 11/24.  Made things a little too real, and I am freaked the hell out.  Almost cried in the doc's office.  Also, I've gained NINE pounds in 4 weeks.  Month 7 is often the big weight gainer, but yikes. No wonder I feel like crap and ache in every joint.  I drowned my misery in french fries, then got back to work at about 12:20 to learn... we're all going out to lunch!  I did have some tasty fish tacos (2nd good thing of the day), but lunch took over TWO HOURS, and I've basically now had 2 lunches. I guess I'll save the leftovers I brought for tomorrow.  So, here I am. It's 3:04, and I have been at my desk for all of about 15 minutes all day.  I'm achy and exhausted and have an after-work event that I'm forcing myself to go to.  I won't get home until 10:00 or later.Did I mention that all of this is on less than 6 hours of sleep?  I just want a nap. :(

Re: My day so far (a big whine, basically)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    holy crap! I can't believe you're having DB2 next month! It seems like you just found out.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poo.MMMM@ french fries
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're on maternity leave you're protected.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I'm an independent contractor, so I don't have FMLA.  Even if I were an employee, the company is really small and I've only been here about 7 months (9 by the time DB2 comes), but still under the year you need to qualify for FMLA.Besides, I was "covered" at my last job and still got laid off (along with a few others) 2 hours after I got back from maternity leave.It wouldn't be the end of the world - I'd love to stay home with DB2 a little longer, and we can survive on DH's income alone, but finding a new job would just be a heavy burden, you know?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards