New Jersey
Options

F/U to marriage license appt

So I called and it went like this:ME: "Hi, I'd like to make an appt to apply for our marriage license on Oct. 16th. Am I calling too early to do this?"HIM:  "Early, you're late.  We're booked. And we only do appts on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays."ME: "Ugh, I live in MA and work full-time, it will be really hard to be there in the middle of a week".That was the shortened/modified version.  At that point I'm almost in tears and thinking "what the hell am I gonna do"?!They were able to work something out for me and get me in on that Friday, thank goodness. But talk about a mini heart attack.So warning to all...call VERY early to make your appts!!!  This is in Clifton, fyi.
~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: F/U to marriage license appt

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That Friday, as in when? The 16th?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yup, the 16th.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL for a second, my heart was in my throat thinking the Friday before the wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no...thank god....or we wouldn't be getting married! lol
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I mean, after all my posts about marriage licenses, you should know there's a 3 day waiting period, LOL! :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that I did know! lol Which is why we were planning on heading to NJ for one more time, in the middle of October, before the wedding. I'm so glad they were able to accomodate us. I was thanking this guy on the phone up and down a 1000 times. He probably was like "wtf is wrong with this girl...stupid bride".
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy everything worked out for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    making a mental note!
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip!  I didn't know we needed an appt.  I thought it was going to be like the DMV lol.  I'll be calling very soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt know that you needed an appointment either. Thats crazy. How many people could they have just "walk in" in one day?
  • Options
    vanessapodunkvanessapodunk member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience except I called the city to make the appointment on 9/18. They gave me the 1st available appointment which wasn't until october 5! Only 6 days before my wedding. They acted like I was an idiot for not knowing there was such a long wait time. Thank god I called as soon as I did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it differs from town to town...some take walk ins and some do not.  Glad you got it worked out!  That is very scary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya, it definitely differs from town to town. Some need appts, other's not. I'm glad it worked out too. phew!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards