Michigan-Grand Rapids

Vendor Reviews!

I have finally finished my vendor reviews, and here they are!  I used vendors in the Detroit area (where I currently live) as well as the GR area (where the wedding was), so I listed the location of the vendor in case you were interested in them... http://tinyurl.com/y958qc3
**Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• edited December 2011
    Love your pics! Looks like the whole day turned out beautiful!!That's really too bad about the wedding planner- good for you for choosing the high road, and maybe she should have done the same.   
  • Mrs-T-to-beMrs-T-to-be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a vendor, but I do know quite a few vendors in the industry and even used some of the ones that shrades reviewed. There are two sides to every story, and it's only fair that you know a few things so that you can put shrades' review of Pearls Events into context. I guarantee you that shrades and her husband are at the very top of most, if not all, of her vendors' lists of bridezillas/groomzillas. Basically, this couple wanted A, B, C, D, E, F and G, but thought they should only have to pay for A and B. Of course Aletha could have made them happy - by handing them a free planning package that they didn't pay for. Shrades and her husband wanted their vendors to work for free, and Pearls Events is the only one who had the guts to draw the line, after already going above and beyond, and accept the inevitable bad review. Hopefully, those considering using Pearls Events are smart enough to realize that Aletha has received many, many glowing reviews and one bad one. It's not hard to figure out that the unique part of the bad review is comprised of shrades and her husband, and to logically determine which half of that client/vendor relationship was toxic. Props to you, shrades, for manipulating the heck out of your vendors, getting way more than you paid for, and for scaring them into giving it all to you. It's too bad you were unaware of the celebration they had at the end of your wedding day when they were through with you.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For someone that has never met me, you really seem to know both sides of the story very well.  As a friend of Aletha's, your rebuttal seems a little one-sided.  Hmmm.  We never asked Aletha for things that were out of our contract, and if we did - she never alerted us to that fact, which is her JOB to do.  We had excellent relationships with several of our vendors, so I don't think that we were the only "horrible" ones in this relationship.  I have talked to several others in the industry and I know that we are not the only ones that have had issues with Aletha.  I'm glad that Aletha is hiding behind you on your response, and I appreciate your snide comment that "many of your vendors had a celebration when your wedding day was done."  You have no idea how the relationship was with all of our vendors - I can guarantee that - so this comment is totally off-base.  I stand by my review, and if we were such bride-and-groomzillas, wouldn't every single one of my vendors have gotten a horrible review?!  Yeah, exactly. 

• Spartan5Spartan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shrades: Thank you for the reviews, I saw your blog post on Amy's blog and your wedding looked gorgeous! I can't wait to check our your etsy suggestions. I also want to commend you for posting a review that is sure to get some negative feedback. I think there are several knotties that would find that information helpful.ps. How dare you grade everyone B or above. You Bridezilla.
  • Bulloca2Bulloca2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to agree with E, on this one. Thank you Shrades for being honest in YOUR experience. Don't let others tell you that you're wrong in how YOU saw things. I had a Day of Coordinator as well. Before selecting mine, I went to GR Knotties for suggestions. It's very important to get the good-bad-and ugly of our options. From there, you're able to make your own decision. This will be very useful for the next bride-to-be! As for your review being the only negative one.. I will disagree on your behalf and back it up with proof. I had all of my vendors booked except for a Photographer (to me, one of the most important so I saved it for last after more research) and a DOC (which I decided I would like to have at the last minute). While meeting with one of the possible photographers that I wanted to book.. they happened to be booked and offerred to suggest any missing vendors that I still needed beyond alternative photogs. I said, "Actually, I'm looking for a Day of Coordinator. I've been suggested to a couple by The Knot and I've narrowed it down to two options. Do you know anything about Aletha from Pearl Events or Laura from White Dress Events (formerly named something else)." They hadn't heard of Laura because she was brand new to the buisness but they had personally worked with Aletha at a previous wedding that they photographed. They told me "DO NOT work with her!" I was also imformed that they did not respect her practices and would not work with her again if they have the option. They also told me that they always warn clients to prevent having to work with her again. This photographer is well respected and they were confident in warning me. I very much appreciated it!!! To be fair- I also have a friend that used Aletha's services for her DOC and loved everything about her. This friend had nothing but nice things to say and recommended her for my wedding as well. [This was also early in Aletha's career last year. ] I looked at both sides and I decided to pass on her services as I didnt want to risk it. So A & B of the story- Her services response is mixed and Shrades is not the only one with negative feedback to share. This is what makes The Knot brilliant and extremely helpful for brides-to-be. Nobody should be afraid to tell the truth of how they thought their vendors did.
  • hsm0507hsm0507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I don't normally post here anymore as I was married almost a year ago, but seriously Mrs T? Vendor reviews are what they are. If they sucked, we should be able to know that. We are each entitled to our opinion and everyone's experience is VALID as it is THEIR experience. Ugh, just had to speak my mind. Oh, and isn't Aletha the one who bashed another bride on here way back when? Instead of keeping her grievance to herself. Great way to introduce yourself to the world as someone who would help you on your wedding day........
  • edited December 2011
    Mrs-T-to-Be: personal attacks are not okay. Even if she was a bridezilla (which it doesn't sound like she is at all) it is not your place to say so! I'm not sure why people on this site think it's okay to behave like jerks just because they're anonymous, but it's crazy!! everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and her opinion was that vendor wasn't good, end of story. your crazy rant against her only discredited you
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I can't believe that Mrs. T is verbally attacking shrades! There is no reason to be so catty in your response!I think it's fair that shrades gets to share her side of the story, as Aletha already shared hers. We all have a right to give a bad review...and a bad review doesn't mean that no other brides will ever give that vendor a chance, it just gives brides a head's up on others' experiences. Wow..
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    Clearly Shrades is not trying to bash that vendor or tell people to stay away from her.  That's just Shrade's story & her opinions.  Obviously we all know that there are two sides to each story and there is no reason for you to call her a bridezilla when you don't know her.  Shrades- thanks for the reviews :)
    sad
  • edited December 2011
    I think Shrades is right for telling her "opinion" on the vendors.  It's up to you if you want to take it or leave it thats the purpose of this forum.  I don't know both sides of the story however I think Aletha took it too personal when she decieded to client bash on her blog.  Me searching for vendors as a bride would think twice about using her.  What if I got into a disagreement with her?  Would she put me on her blog too?  When you are in business you do have unreasonable and unhappy clients, how you deal with it reflects directly on you business.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the above post completely. Posting a blog with personal opinions about a client, in my opinion, is very unprofessional. Working in the customer service industry, you HAVE to be able to take negative criticism with a smile and let it go - otherwise it truly does make you look unprofessional. I would be nervous to work with a vendor that did that because it would make me wonder, are they going to think I'm a bridezilla and now post a blog about me? Shrades had every right to post her opinion, as she was the client, and like what everyone else has said, that's what this board is for.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies - thank you all so much for the support!!  I know that honest vendor reviews were helpful to me and played a role when I was choosing vendors, so I wanted to return the favor.I appreciate you all backing me - more than you know!

• edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you had to deal with that hidious wedding planner! What a unprofessional planner....I am glad you found someone to take her place. That blog was just horrible on her part and I don't wish that upon anyone. Thanks for the insight so now I can NOT recommend her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards